Talk

Advanced search

Childbirth books

(5 Posts)
angfirsttimer Mon 02-Nov-09 16:35:41

Looking for some recommendations for books on childbirth. I bought the Ina May one but not quite sure its my sort of thing, looking for something slightly less 'empowering' and slightly more practical

honeyapple Mon 02-Nov-09 18:20:49

Hiya-

Look at sheila kitzinger (she has her own website). Fab woman! Her books are both empowering and practical.

cheerfulvicky Tue 03-Nov-09 11:38:08

I'd second that - if you want reassuringly practical and down to earth, Sheila's the lady for you grin I love her books and they are very helpful.

If you are after something that covers the period just after birth, adjusting to becoming a mum etc, then a book called Birth and Beyond is really good.
x

alana39 Tue 03-Nov-09 11:48:05

Birth and Beyond is by Yehudi Gordon and is a really good manual on the whole of pregnancy, childbirth, and the first year. Very detailed and although there is stuff like "visualisation" for labour, it tends to be on separate pages so if you don't like that kind of stuff you can easily stick to the practicals.

cpanda Wed 04-Nov-09 20:52:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now