Talk

Advanced search

low down pain when standing

(2 Posts)
browntrout Mon 02-Nov-09 10:50:27

I am due on Friday with DD2. DD1 came relatively quickly for a first birth (went from 2 to 9cm in a couple of hours) and was advised by MW to be organised if I had another. My partner works away and is on standy to come ack at short notice. He only gets his 2 weeks leave tho and so I want to maximise the time as much as possible.

So far I have had no proper signs. Having practice contractions off and on but not had a show and waters not leaking or anything. Since last night tho, when I stand up from a sitting position, the baby feels very very low down so much so that I cant straighten properly and am bent double. It does ease after I've walked a bit.

I just wondered if anyone else started in this way or, if anyone had the same pain, how long after they gave birth. I know the baby will come when she is ready but I am also weighing up the domestic practicalities and panicking a little. Last Thurs I had MW appointment and she said that the head was 2/5 engaged tho this may not mean so much second time around.

grateful for any advice.

doughnutty Tue 03-Nov-09 12:22:28

Are you me?

Aside from this being my first I have all the same things happening.

Sorry I have no advice but will be interested if anone else has.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now