Talk

Advanced search

Anyone triggered labour by "overdoing it"?

(6 Posts)
Naetha Fri 30-Oct-09 15:44:56

Just wondered if any of you had gone in to labour after 37 weeks after a hard day's doing stuff - whether it was shopping, gardening or just having a tough day with the kids?

I'm 37 weeks, but not quite ready (i.e. all the stuff is still in the attic!) for DC2 to come along, however I can't stop doing stuff! I don't know if it's the nesting insinct, or just the reaslisation of how curbed I will be time-wise once I have two. I'm always gardening, visiting friends, shopping (went to Leeds city centre this morning - that was a mistake!) cleaning, taking DS for a walk etc etc.

Am I at risk of starting stuff early by lugging compost about and carrying DS on my shoulders for half a mile?

MamiBabi Fri 30-Oct-09 16:38:59

Not sure about triggering labour but you may well be risking giving yourself a very bad back! Surely, you should be taking it easy in view of the fact that labour could start anytime soon and you'll probably need all of your energy for the big push as it were!

Naetha Fri 30-Oct-09 19:07:44

I would stop, but I just can't!

eggontoast Fri 30-Oct-09 19:24:29

Naetha - I was exactly the same at about 36 weeks, starting to slow now, 38 weeks. No, even though I secretly would have loved for things to get started early because of my exertion, no chance!! I was 10 days over with first, so expecting same here (hoping for labour to start right now though!!)

PacificWerewolfwoohood Fri 30-Oct-09 19:31:39

You are nesting, Neatha, how exhausting lovely!

No, you will not trigger labour unless your body is ready to go into labour IYKWIM. I agree with MamiBabi, take it easy for all sorts of other reasons like your poor back, and sore feet and general tiredness.

Having said that, I am convinced pushing DS2 on his bike (newly without stabilisers) all afternoon is what make me go into labour overnight with DS3 - mind you, I was 12 days overdue at that point!
Good luck smile

GhoulsAreLoud Fri 30-Oct-09 19:34:27

I had a show in the morning at 40+1 and spent the day lugging around rolls of insulation with DH hmm and doing lots of gardening - uprooting plants, dragging around the green bin etc.

Came in and sat down and contractions started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now