Talk

Advanced search

Waters breaking - how much water is it?

(7 Posts)
sunangel88 Fri 30-Oct-09 03:08:27

Wondering if I should get some mattress protectors for the bed / sofa or make do with towels. How much water comes out when it breaks? Is it about a litre or more or less?

MrsKitty Fri 30-Oct-09 03:20:54

Can be just a little bit or a massive gush - likely to catch you completely unawares - mattress protectors a good idea (also for the car on the way in to hospital) ...mine went all over the floor when I got out of bed - fortunately we have wooden floors and not carpet!

ParanoidAtAllTimes Fri 30-Oct-09 03:42:40

Seconded about mattress protector- I had loads, and it just kept coming for ages after!! Soaked through many a pair of pants (complete with maternity pads blush).

waitingwaiting Fri 30-Oct-09 08:51:30

absolutely loads and loads for ages!!!

alana39 Fri 30-Oct-09 15:33:39

Mattress protector is a good idea, and keep maternity pads and an old towel or something close by (at least by the bed as you'll probably move more slowly if it happens at night, and perhaps under the sofa too?) to mop up / get you to the toilet. And don't worry about it, it's clear and doesn't smell so it's not unpleasant.

And mostly labour doesn't start with waters breaking so you may not have to worry about it at all.

sunangel88 Sat 31-Oct-09 12:03:43

oh dear... ok getting myself off to Boots to get some, and keeping a stash of towels close by.

Thanks all!

nicm Sat 31-Oct-09 18:31:16

lol, mine were broken in hospital so i didn't see how much there was but just asked dp and he said if you have a matress protector to put towels on the floor too!! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now