Talk

Advanced search

where is the best hospitals in london, to give birth

(6 Posts)
outoftheboxmummy Thu 29-Oct-09 23:23:14

I have heard the new EGA @ UCH is good, anyone birthed there?

How about Chelsea and west?

sleepwhenidie Thu 29-Oct-09 23:27:07

if you can get in, Queen Charlottes (the birthing centre, I don't know about maternity dept) is fantastic, I had DS there and couldn't complain about anything.

Don't know yet about UCH, I am booked in there for Jan birth, but may have HB like last time, when I had lovely UCH midwives but new birthing centre wasn't open (I was turned away from QC as too busy and out of area). So I may be able to let you know in Jan, when are you due?!

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 29-Oct-09 23:40:53

Message withdrawn

hester Fri 30-Oct-09 00:12:57

Queen Charlotte's very good. Guys & St Thomas good. Chelsea & Westminster both very good for birth but fall down on postnatal care. I know someone who gave birth last week at UCH and was very happy with it. People seem happy with Kingston.

FluffyPumpkins Fri 30-Oct-09 00:32:32

Had the dcs at UCH and good experience.
was on birthing centre.

becksydee Fri 30-Oct-09 13:37:53

had a good experience on the labour ward at UCH 8 weeks ago, although my DP and doula had to work quite hard to keep intervention-happy doctors out of the room.

the new birthing centre at the whittington is lovely, but you'll only be able to get in if your pregnancy is low risk with no complications/potential complications.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now