Talk

Advanced search

Lulu et al - is labour imminent?

(9 Posts)
Labourtime Thu 29-Oct-09 16:26:03

DC2 due tomorrow. Have been feeling lots of pressure today and had a few contractions over the last few days along with lots of period pain.
TMI but after a bath I was very easily able to feel my cervix. I hardly had to insert my finger into vagina and it's open. I haven't had a show or any fluid leakage.
Do you think this sounds promising?

liahgen Thu 29-Oct-09 20:02:04

hi.

well it could be starting of course. Which baby is this? 1,2 more?

If more, it's likely the cervix will be slightly open at say 2 or 3 cms at this stage of pg.

Could try sex, or some nipple stim but i'd be inclined to say get some rest while you can, it shouldn't be too much longer whatever happens.

good luck

Lulumama Thu 29-Oct-09 20:04:01

the cervix is always a fingerti open after one baby ( multip os) but it sounds like yours is nice and soft and ripe and anterior all of which are good positive signs, along with your pressure and tightenings

i would jsut potter on, rest and remember to eat / drink and go to the loo regularly.

your body will let you know when you need to pay attention

and don;t forget SEX & NIPPLE STIM ! grin

Hyena Thu 29-Oct-09 22:26:05

Message withdrawn

Labourtime Thu 29-Oct-09 22:35:51

hmm
Thanks ladies. I'm actually worried about sex because my cervix feels so anterior and ahem I don't want anything touching anything it shouldn't.
Baby is OP so I doubt its head is low enough to get anything going. I think I'll head to bed and see what happens.
I'm sure I'll still be here tomorrow and for a while after grin.

Hattie05 Thu 29-Oct-09 22:40:38

Hi there! I'm due tomorrow too! Frustratedly waiting for no. 3 to arrive.

I too have had lots of tightenings/pains/periodlike pains but no other real signs of baby arriving yet.

Baby has been engaged for a week or more now, and i had a sweep on Mon although mw said i was still posterier so couldn't do much.

Will be doing as the others said, rest and pottering til baby comes.

Just feel slightly afraid each time i go to the loo as i feel intense pressure then, have read too many baby born on the loo stories lately!

Good luck and keep us posted on yours.

Lulumama Fri 30-Oct-09 07:40:35

patience, my darlings !! won't be long now

what was the deleted message?

whilst waiting for things to start, best thing is to conserve energy until you need to expend it

Labourtime Fri 30-Oct-09 09:51:16

Happy d-day Hattie. Did your last DC arrive after their duedates?

Haven't had any more pains or signs but MW said baby was 4/5ths engaged at 38 weeks. Not sure I believe her because bump is still very high. I haven't had a sweep yet. Do they offer them before 41 weeks?

Lulu - maybe I'll go back to bed wink. I've already cleaned and ironed and can't think of a better way to conserve energy than watching crappy day time TV.

Hattie05 Fri 30-Oct-09 16:19:02

Not sure what the deleted message was.

DD1 was 14 days late, just made it to labour before induction thank goodness!

DD2 was 2 days early.

Mine has been fully engaged, but i'm sure its come in and out at times.

I have always been offered sweeps early, I think my mw was trying to help me ensure i have best chance of home birth, but as i say, cervix not favourable and therefore probably not worth it anyway!

Other two are out for the day and night, so i'm trying to rest and laze around, although i don't find it easy to get comfy - and now i have indigestion type pains which make me more restless!

Hope you are resting well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now