Talk

Advanced search

Could anyone else not stand up straight for days, after giving birth?

(6 Posts)
ThisPhantomPlopsPumpkins Tue 27-Oct-09 18:57:24

I was fine after the first, but with my second I couldn't stand up straight for longer than 2 minutes for about 4 days. I had to shower hunched over, I couldn't support my back at all.

My stomach muscles separated during my first pregnancy and have never really gone back to normal, is that why? Will it be worse this time?!

AnyGhoulKno Tue 27-Oct-09 21:45:39

Yes! but I don't know if my stomach muscles separated. In my case I was just quite weak, and I think my back was knackered from the epidural. Did you have an epidural with your second birth phantom? Could that have contributed I wonder?

ThisPhantomPlopsPumpkins Tue 27-Oct-09 22:41:52

Didn't have an epidural with my second no.

mrsflux Wed 28-Oct-09 09:55:39

i had that too! not immediately but by about day 3/4 i was in agony. MW suggested it was infection - either kidney from catheter or in CS scar. GP gave me some pain killers and antibiotics and was sorted within a couple of days.

i had an epidural and my back has been rubbish since. sad

pipWereRabbit Wed 28-Oct-09 09:59:38

I had that both times, a feeling of such complete muscle weakness that it actually hurt to try and hold myself upright. Made standing at the changing table to change nappies near impossible for a couple of weeks.

I found going for a 10 minute (baby-free) walk around the block everyday useful, concentrating on my posture as I walked. It passed within a couple of weeks.

ThisPhantomPlopsPumpkins Wed 28-Oct-09 19:31:11

It never really hurt me as such, but the feeling of being so weak was horrible. Really don't want it again this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now