Talk

Advanced search

Private Midwife

(11 Posts)
LadyVeebee Mon 26-Oct-09 17:00:53

Can anyone help me I'm pregnant for the first time and have just moved back to London due to my partners job. I have found the NHS Doctor surgeries to be rude and slow, perhaps... I feel like just another number that know one has time for. We don't earn a particularly high salary as it is just my partners wage were living off but I have been through the most difficult time of late and can't bare the thought of being just another number on the NHS books especial when I have had such bad experiences so far. I'm 15 weeks and would like to know if anyone knows of a good private mid wife. We live in Hackney London Fields. Also I would like to meet other expecting mums and if anyone knows of any groups or get together can you let me know. Well I look forward to hearing back from anyone that can help. Thanks

reikizen Mon 26-Oct-09 18:44:21

Just a small thing, but they are referred to as independent midwives, not private. Try this website [http://www.independentmidwives.org.uk/]] Good luck smile

minervaitalica Tue 27-Oct-09 08:15:48

Lady Veebee, try Verona Hall (she has a website) - she is fab, and she may be able to help you!

sabire Tue 27-Oct-09 10:44:19

I'd strongly recommend SLIM

here

I used them for both my last two babies, and they're outstanding, especially at caring for women with more complicated pregnancies. They also provide superb postnatal care - they are very skilled at supporting breastfeeding.

Oh, and all 3 NCT antenatal teachers in my area used this practice, and they're fussy buggers about their care, so that should be a good recommendation!

LadyVeebee Tue 27-Oct-09 12:43:38

Thank you all for your help I will begin doing my research today. Its nice to know people are so willing to help thanks again x

bowbluebell Tue 03-Nov-09 19:33:23

Hi
We used Mal Soomessur(think her website is midwifemal.co.uk), an independent midwife based in Ilford. She'd cover Hackney.

Best three grand I've spent this year- she's fantastic!

Good Luck x

charliegal Thu 05-Nov-09 20:56:25

Look at londonbirthpractice.co.uk

Hackney midwife Elke is fantastic, as are the others. You are right, don't be treated like a number.

Brewster Sat 07-Nov-09 17:26:55

Or ... I would highly reccommend a Doula.

xx

MrsHappy Mon 09-Nov-09 19:45:10

I can strongly recommend these ladies who cover your area.

They work as a team which I liked as it meant that if I had gone for a home birth I would have known both midwives who came to the delivery. It also means that if you can't get hold of one midwife there is always someone else who you know and who you can call!

Having hired them for DD2's birth I now cannot imagine giving birth without a female supporter there.

jessevershed Wed 11-Nov-09 21:26:52

try
http://www.birthrites.uk.com/

I used Melody for my twin homebirth, and she was an absolute star. Based in South London, but I think she will go as far as Hackney.

AndSheWas Sat 14-Nov-09 18:54:21

I also found mine through www.independentmidwives.org.uk , just type in your postcode and you get a list of your local private midwives.

And if you are looking for a recommendation then Nyree and Charlotte at SageFemme are just totally brilliant!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: