Talk

Advanced search

is the 'show' always blood tinged? (maybe tmi thread!)

(6 Posts)
meemarsgotabrandnewbump Mon 26-Oct-09 09:20:04

Hi, I'm 38 weeks with baby no3 so really should know, but the last two labours started very differently.

For about 10 days now I have had an increase in milky white vaginal mucous. It is quite wet rather than sticky and seems to be released after Braxton hicks, which are becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

Does this sound like the mucous plug releasing slowly?

How long would you expect this to go on for before labour actually starts?

Thanks in advance, I'm being really impatient but just want to know if anything is actually happening grin

nigglewiggle Mon 26-Oct-09 09:24:52

Mine was only a small amount, but it was very jelly-like with a bit of blood. I don't think it has to have blood, but it is thick and jelly-like.

Could yours be a slow leak of amniotic fluid? Or it might just be normal discharge.

I can relate to the impatience thing, but even if it is a show, it can be 2 weeks before you go into labour - sorry.

I'd mention it to your MW and see what they say. If it is your waters you'll need to get checked over.

Good luck - hope it happens soon. smile

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Mon 26-Oct-09 09:29:28

I did wonder about a slow leak of fluid, but it is more damp and milky rather than watery.

I had a scan on friday and they were happy with fluid levels, but if it increases I'll call the mw.

Thanks smile

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Mon 26-Oct-09 09:32:43

My friend had a baby 6 weeks ago and she had this for about a fortnight before she went into labour. Hers was exactly like this it was released with Braxton hicks/light contractions.

I do remember feeling damp with ds but not what it was like.

Sugarkane Mon 26-Oct-09 18:32:37

Mine was not blood streaked but was very very thick, like egg white or glue, oh an prob tmi but very stringy and had to pull it out of me blush. In all honesty there was no denying that it was anything but a show, I think maybe it could be a slow waters leak or increased discharge from what you have described. Good luck.

Kizzipoppet Mon 26-Oct-09 21:13:49

I had gunky egg white stuff am few times from 37 weeks, which at the time I thought was a 'show'...
However I well and truly lost my plug 20 hours before my DS2 was born. I was sat on the bed and when I got up, there was a largeish blobby blood tinged lump on the bed. DS1 shouted "look, mummys been naughty!' So not sure what the stuff was a few weeks before, the show when it did appear was very obvious to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now