Talk

Advanced search

raspberry leaf tea. How many cups, how often etc

(13 Posts)
Ninjacat Fri 23-Oct-09 20:01:35

As the title says really. I'm 36 weeks and would be grateful for some advice.
ta

girlsyearapart Fri 23-Oct-09 20:08:54

Hi I can't stand RL tea so I took the RL tablets from Holland and Barret.

Started at 37 weeks 1 per day then 2 a day from 38 weeks.

Dd1 came on her due date Dd2 came at 38 + 3 relatively easy labours.

Don't know if that's anything to do with the RL but it's worth a go!

Good luck HTH.

Yorky Fri 23-Oct-09 20:16:51

I've drunk it at the end of both my pregnancies and have lovely labours - don't know if its helped but will be doing it again in May!
Start at 35/6 weeks with 1cup a day, for a week, then 2 a day, then 3 until baby arrives. I think i bought 4 boxes each time and never quite finished them
Not keen on the taste, but sweetened its drinkable - never drink it at any other time, unlike peppermint tea which I seem to drink gallons of in early pg, and fennel tea which is supposed to be good for milk production and which I like the taste of anyway

ten10 Fri 23-Oct-09 20:20:38

In my first pregnancy I started taking the tablets, and drinking the tea at about 38 weeks and my waters broke two days after starting them,
have no idea if this was connected, but am pregnant again and will be starting the raspberry leaf again soon (am 37 weeks)

(The midwife told me it is safe to drink it during the last month)

Ninjacat Fri 23-Oct-09 21:37:05

Thank you all.
Congratulations on number 3 Yorky
Best of luck ten10

Hopeful2 Sat 24-Oct-09 12:56:50

I've been drinking RL tea since 32 weeks, I did buy the tablets as well but haven't had these as I actually quite like the tea! I'm now 38 weeks & drink it throughout the day. Not aware of there being any restrictions now that I am nearly there. Not sure whether to start taking the tablets as well, not sure which is stronger the tea or tablets?
I've been having pre-labour pains since Wed & MW told me yesterday that baby is well & truly engaged & ready. No more room for baby to grow apparently!! Kinda hoping it will be soon now even though a part of me will actually miss being PG....

easylife73 Sun 25-Oct-09 11:44:20

I had the tablets with DS1 and he was 6 days late. With DS2 I drank the tea (which is the foulest concoction known to man IMO!) and he was 8 days late - but the labour was much easier and felt a lot more "productive".

katster37 Mon 26-Oct-09 12:24:52

Our NCT teacher said there is no reason why you can't drink it from fairly early on, and that there isn't really a limit. Apparently she had ten+ cups a day with hers, and had easy labours. I have been taking 2 tablets a day since 32 weeks (am now 36+2) so we will see. I buy the GNC teabags because they also include the fruit so it doesn't taste as foul.

JaMmRocks Mon 26-Oct-09 12:30:42

I used the tea from about 35 weeks with DS2. I think it's supposed to strengthen your uterine muscles, making your contractions stronger and more efficient. I've no idea if that's true, but in my experience it certainly could be. My contractions were so forceful the midwives were quite surprised, DS2 arrived after 1 and a half hours

JaMmRocks Mon 26-Oct-09 12:31:22

Sorry, meant to add I aimed at around 3 cups a day. You get used to the taste!

Ninjacat Wed 28-Oct-09 22:19:35

Thanks everyone.
Best of luck Hopeful for an imminent arrival.
I quite like the taste I have to say.

PurpleZOMBIEbuns Wed 28-Oct-09 22:26:32

My midwife said to have as much as possible so by the end I was double bagging each cup!grin

I did have a good labour. Also do perineal massage! I didn't tear at all!

Hopeful2 Thu 29-Oct-09 20:38:57

Thanks Ninjacat, but I am still patiently waiting. Getting pains daily but nothing more. Still drinking the RL & lots of it at that smile...
Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now