Talk

Advanced search

Irritable b*s, did music in labour really annoy you or was it nice/helpful?

(14 Posts)
CharCharGabor Wed 21-Oct-09 22:04:14

No offence meant, I am the most irritable bastard there is grin I'm planning a homebirth and looking at websites and things a lot of them talk about soothing music. I thought, hmm that could be nice, but in reality will I be screeching 'turn that fucking thing off!' whilst lobbing it out of the nearest window? hmmgrin Because I could do without wasting a cd player if so grin

whomovedmychocolate Wed 21-Oct-09 22:40:29

Midwife left Radio 2 on during my induction with DD - fucking Pink fucking Floyd. hmm I retuned it to the shipping forecast when she wasn't looking!

Forget it. You'll be too busy swearing for anyone to hear anything anyway wink

CharCharGabor Wed 21-Oct-09 23:08:05

Thanks wmmc, thought mn had imploded then, no irritable bastards but me! Not that I'm implying anything though wink Pink Floyd doesn't exactly sound relaxing, I have to admit! I think I will forget it, I'm more of the swearing type anyway. Maybe I could refine the screeching from last time into a tuneful aria grin

ib Wed 21-Oct-09 23:11:29

Dh put on lots of soothing music apparently - or so he tells me the next morning.

I hadn't a clue what was going on, and I certainly didn't notice the music - or the candles - or anything else really. Was way too far gone.

Olihan Wed 21-Oct-09 23:11:41

Another miserable bugger here. There was some kind of 'relaxation' tape playing when I went in with d2. I lasted one contraction before screeching 'Turn that shit OFF' in a very loud voice to dh blush. Thankfully the midwife wasn't in the room at the time.

ib Wed 21-Oct-09 23:12:20

And I definitely qualify as an irritable bastard by anyone's definition grin

lyndysue Wed 21-Oct-09 23:17:39

Enya - played on a tape over and over and over again!! I haven't been able to listen to it since....

pushmepullyou Wed 21-Oct-09 23:21:25

Really annoyed me. From first contraction until the birth of DD 36 hours later I couldn't stand food, any drink other than water, TV, music, baths, conversation, snoring (thanks DH), or being touched.

I was obviously a delight to all around me blush

CharCharGabor Wed 21-Oct-09 23:39:30

grin Glad I'm not alone. Think I will forget about the music then for sure, can't see me relaxing to it. I get irritated quickly enough when a big round head isn't trying to squirm its way out of my pelvis! Thanks guys smile

belindarose Thu 22-Oct-09 15:25:13

I'd taken a nice new CD that DH and I wanted to listen to and had saved. But I wouldn't let him put it on till I'd had my epidural (after about 10 hours!!). Then it was nice, but anything would have been at that point!

Fibilou Mon 26-Oct-09 13:29:11

I can't stand the radio at the best of times so there won't be any background music playing here ! Unless they want serious rage if they put Coldplay on...
Apparently Crowborough (where I'm booked) have a DVD player in their birth rooms so might take some of hubs & my fave films - loving the idea of watching Top Gun/SWAT while contracting away...

sausagerolemodel Mon 26-Oct-09 13:36:19

I also found music really annoying - and (bless DP) he had made 17 hours worth of playlists! I think the thing is that I don't listen to that much music normally, and so it didn't make sense to me (as much as anything does during labour) that I would have found it helpful then. I much preferred watching the Gavin and Stacy boxed set during most of my labour!

CMOTdibbler Mon 26-Oct-09 13:43:19

I'd have taken music if I'd had time to think about it. But would have been irritated by it tbh, and was paying no attention to anything during labour. I wanted lights off, no talking, and the only touch to rub my back very hard with a hot cloth.

I was booked at Crowborough, and it's lovely. Just wish DS had waited long enough to be born there rather than PRH

Fibilou Mon 26-Oct-09 21:18:00

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I get to go there - so many people are booked but don't go, I really hope I'm not one of them !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now