Talk

Advanced search

Could this be the start of something?

(6 Posts)
mosschops30 Tue 20-Oct-09 11:03:50

I should know as am on baby no.3 but dd was 13 years ago so cant really remember, and ds was induced so no clues there.

Am 37 weeks, had flu last week, but have slowed down to a snails pace as up to last week was walking 40 minutes a day, swimming 1-2 times a week, pilates once a week.

Have now had lower backache since yesterday, am unable to sit, or stand or do anything really as am very uncomfortable, bump is tight, pain is achy, also baby seems to be using head in a mortar and pestle (sp?) style on my pelvis, he's also super active as if he's wriggling into position. Cant even manage the walk to school today, the walk from the car was bad enough!

So does this sound promising? I have MW appointment today, can I ask her to check cervix? Is it ok to have slowed down like this, I feel really lazy but am unable to do any more

MamaG Tue 20-Oct-09 11:05:30

moss I felt like this for last few weeks of pg with BabyG and I was 6 days late - sorry. But you never know!

Hassled Tue 20-Oct-09 11:08:24

It could just be the baby's head becoming engaged - MamaG's right, it could be everything or nothing. Worth getting the MW to do a check while you're there, though.

And yes, of course it's OK to have slowed right down - get what rest you can while you can!

MamaG Tue 20-Oct-09 11:11:45

God yes, don't feel lazy! Iwas an utter slob for last few weeks of mine! Older DC taken to school - me on sofa with biscuits, warm drinks and Sky Movies!

mosschops30 Tue 20-Oct-09 11:13:21

lol MamaG, that sounds just like me, feet up watching the Wright Stuff eating toast and anchor butter wink

I sooooo dont want to feel like this for much longer, I'll be delerious if I go over with this one!

MamaG Tue 20-Oct-09 11:21:32

I was induced with first 2 pgs at 10 and 11 days and each day felt like a year.

With BabyG I accepted that it was very likely I'd go overdue again, so I just thought "right, I'm having this bbay mid November". I enjoyed my time sat on my arse, I relaxed and put my feet up (and whined on MN) and then I went into labour All By Myself at 5 dyas over <proud>

I don't know if its becasue I was so chilled out that I didn't go as far overdue but I think it was!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now