Talk

Advanced search

Another labour thread (not sure when to go back into hospital)

(10 Posts)
dizzytrout Fri 16-Oct-09 19:44:28

I was sent into hospital this afternoon for monitoring as I has protein in urine, raised b.p. and swelling.
My friend drove me there and we decided to have a sandwich and a drink just in case I was in for ages but upon leaving the hospital canteen to go to P.A.U. my waters broke outside the lift (I did think I'd wet myself but was confirmed by midwife it was mucus plug and waters!)
Monitoring was ok, b.p. went down so I was finally allowed home about an hour ago. I put my tens machine on as I was starting to get mild cramps, but they are getting a little stronger now. I can't really define them as contractions though, I'm pretty much having a cramp the whole time. I would like to stay at home as long as possible but not sure when to finally go back in, midwife just said if nothing happens come in tomorrow lunch time...

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Fri 16-Oct-09 19:49:54

stay relaxed, are you allowed a bath after RM?

Try to rest - and note down when the CX are.

If you can talk through them, and they are not really stopping you in your tracks, I would wait - depending on how far from the hospital you are.

Good Luck

dizzytrout Fri 16-Oct-09 19:56:20

Thankyou OnlyWantsOne

Midwife said not to have a bath which was disappointing as I'd hoped to use that as major pain relief during labour. We've just ordered a takeaway so hopefully it'll get here soon!!
I'm feeling quite relaxed atm, not sure if tens machine is doing much but will persevere with it, saving paracetamol for really bad pain smile

madmissy Fri 16-Oct-09 19:58:27

oooh they really are coming all at once!
jealous me!! noooo lol

how about a nice shower on your back if pains pick up?

dizzytrout Fri 16-Oct-09 20:00:32

I think I will try a shower later before I go back in, I've just started writing down contractions too so I'm getting all organised lol x

madmissy Fri 16-Oct-09 20:01:39

hehe!

yeah and you can wash your hair too so all clean for the pics grin

dizzytrout Fri 16-Oct-09 20:05:55

Oh lord, no pics allowed of me, I'm all swollen and puffy haha grin
My DP has had his hair cut especially though

madmissy Fri 16-Oct-09 20:07:43

haha! my hubby with my girls had a shave and hair cut too lol

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Fri 16-Oct-09 20:45:16

Dizzy Trout - when are you due?

nappyaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 03:33:58

I was told not to ring until they were 1-2 minutes apart. I thought that was leaving it a bit late until my friend told me she went in when they were 2 minutes apart, screaming in agony, couldn't talk through contractions, had to close her eyes and really concentrate through them, couldn't move or walk even in between contractions and was hallucinating she was in so much pain. They obviously didn't send her home but she ended up having another 13 hours of labour and pethidine and G&A helped no more than her TENs machine, bath, hot water bottle and massage so she wished she's stayed at home longer as it would have been less stressful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now