Talk

Advanced search

reasurance needed bloody waters

(9 Posts)
peachespaige Fri 16-Oct-09 17:09:50

Hi.
Ive had a show on and off all day and just felt a pop and had a trickle of waters. I have now put a pad in and its covered in watery blood (pinky not bright). I know you get blood in a show but is it normal to have it in your waters too. It looks like watered down blood. Mw doesnt seem worried. Ive never had this before.

Thanks in advance

Owlingate Fri 16-Oct-09 17:12:08

My waters went pink with my first baby, started out clear then looked as you describe - watery blood. I was totally panicking but told its perfectly normal! Has midwife actually looked at pad? (I kept making mine look )

Lulumama Fri 16-Oct-09 17:17:26

waters can be pink and tinged a bloody colour. your show can be quite bloody too, which is a sign of dilation. a gush of proper , frank bleeding is not right and should be checked. but watery/mucousy pink tinged waters and /or show is ok

dark green or brown waters are not good

are you having pains?

peachespaige Fri 16-Oct-09 17:34:46

Im uncomfortable but not contrating. Ive only described it on the phone to mw she isnt at all concerned. The baby is much quieter but still moving.

Lulumama Fri 16-Oct-09 17:35:51

keep an eye on things and if you are concerned, or things change, call them back, hopefully you'll have your baby by the end of the weekend!!

Sparklytwinkletoes Fri 16-Oct-09 18:59:15

Peaches, just saw your post on AN and popped over here to see if you'd had a reply - you'll be fine with lulumama here...

Hoping all goes well for you and that you'll have baby soon smile

<<Lulumama - if you're lurking - you 'looked after me' at the same time as NJ three years ago in an immense 'am I in labour thread', but I've name changed since>>

Lulumama Fri 16-Oct-09 19:00:47

ooooh, who were you then? can i have a clue? am old and forgetful grin

hope the OP has gone silent as she is off birthing!

Sparklytwinkletoes Fri 16-Oct-09 20:41:23

I was calsworld back then - I've kind of been keeping a low profile and not wanting to identify myself, but its rubbish not being able to 'talk' to people.

I was on NJ's ante-natal thread back then, and have since rejoined her in TTC / AN clubs as have been trying for second for some time.

LO was due on the 6th, am now 40+10 and due to have induction on sunday morning - cervix remains unfavourable so all attempts to sweep have been thwarted (and they've been trying since 37 weeks). Section on monday if induction not successful. Babies head is not engaged (and didn't engage last time either) - VBAC's not looking very optimistic but I have to know I've tried everything <<ever hopeful emoticon>>

Sorry for crash Peaches blush - how are you doing? Are you still there?

Lulumama Fri 16-Oct-09 21:21:47

oh i remember you ! why the low profile?

i hope things go well for you , a planned c.section can be a really good , positive birth experience.

also, if you feel you want to, you an delay induction / section until term + 14

as long as baby is happy in there

the head might not be engaged for various reasons, but if it happened before and ended in c.s, you are right to be wary

however, in second labours, it is not uncommon for the head to come right down with some good strong ctx.

good luck however your baby arrives!

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now