Talk

Advanced search

Lochia stopped but now seems to have restarted. Problem?

(7 Posts)
neolara Fri 16-Oct-09 13:36:10

I gave birth 6 weeks ago. Two weeks ago I stopped bleeding but have started again in the last day or so. Has this happened to anyone else and was it considered a problem?

I know technically it could be a period but I think this is unlikely as I am bf and it took a year for my periods to return following the birth of my other two dcs. I started doing some exercise dvds this week so am thinking this might be the cause.

sockonmyhead Fri 16-Oct-09 13:50:37

As long as it's not really heavy bleeding, then I would put it down to the exercise making the 'wound' open up agin (yuk!). It took much longer with my third for the bleeding to stop so maybe it does take longer to heal fully when you've had several kids.

Most inprortantly, sit down woman! Two kids and a newborn and you're doing exercise videos! shock

slushy06 Fri 16-Oct-09 13:52:10

This happened to me on dd 12 weeks old I stopped bleeding at 5 weeks then re started at 6 weeks I was told it is a sign you are doing to much and need to slow down congrats on the birth of your baby smile

detoxdiva Fri 16-Oct-09 13:54:23

Happened to me too...ds was born 5 weeks ago. The bleeding stopped after 7 days then re-started after 2 weeks. Had no problems with it and it stopped after a few days. Take it easy smile

neolara Fri 16-Oct-09 14:40:18

Thanks. That is reassuring.

I guess kick-boxing was a touch ambitious at this stage....

LeonieBooCreepy Fri 16-Oct-09 14:44:15

Message withdrawn

belindarose Fri 16-Oct-09 20:26:55

Sorry to hijack thread, but this is not unusual then? I've had similar. Lochia seemed to stop around 5 weeks (had only been very light up to then) then restarted around 6 weeks. Then I began taking cerazette and have been bleeding ever since (8 weeks post partum now). Weirdly, when I took cerazette before getting pregnant, I didn't have any periods, breakthrough bleeding or spotting ever.
I'm also EBF.
I'm still feeling some discomfort 'down there' - not really sure how to describe it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now