Talk

Advanced search

what happens now?

(6 Posts)
fifilabelle Fri 16-Oct-09 09:09:42

My waters broke at half three this morning but very little since. The odd twingy pain but I don't really know if I could call them contractions. First baby so its all new to me. Spoke to the midwifery unit who said to go in at 3.30pm if nothing has happened but was just wondering if this was normal or if contractions can take a while to come on once waters have gone....

Knickers0nMaHead Fri 16-Oct-09 09:10:36

Sometimes contractions take a while to start after waters have gone.

Good luck!

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 16-Oct-09 09:12:16

Good luck.

fifilabelle Fri 16-Oct-09 09:16:16

Thanks guys, feeling a bit more reassured.

l39 Fri 16-Oct-09 09:22:21

With 3 of my 4 labours I've not had contractions until after waters broke. About 20 hours later DD2, 15 hours DD5, 10 hours or so with twins (induced). Once contractions did start, all 3 labours were quite quick. Good luck, won't be long now.

Yorky Fri 16-Oct-09 09:47:30

With my first my waters went at 630 in the morning as I was lying in bed talking to DH as he got ready for work. I had just sneezed and wondered if it was a 'pelvic floor moment' blush so didn't tell him!
Contractions didn't start till 3am next morning when I woke to go to the loo and though 'That's more like what I expected' DS arrived at lunchtime!

I was terrified of being 'timed out' if I told anyone my waters had gone (it was only little bit btw, so possibly hindwater leak?) as was booked for home birth and didn't want inducing/interfering etc. I would have called MW if nothing had happened in the 24hrs after waters went, but didn't want to feel 'watched'

Good luck, looking forward to hearing how it goes for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now