Talk

Advanced search

I think this might be it. I think I'm in labour.

(33 Posts)
HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 02:21:25

Contractions every 5 mins lasting for about 5 mins (using contraction master). Keep having to go to the loo. Have been having weak contractions for the past 24 hours.

No show and waters haven't broken yet.

Last time I was in labour for about 36 hours. Started out wanting home birth but ended up in hospital with failed forceps and ECS.

DS, DH and my mum all asleep upstairs. Might wake DH up soon to put my tens machine on.

Was told by consultant to 'potter about' at home for as long as I can stand and ring the hospital if contractions get v painful, if waters break or I am bleeding. Will be trying for VBAC this time.

Anyone there to keep me company?

cikecaka Fri 16-Oct-09 02:24:24

Just me, HMHB, not much help to you though

WouldntTouchThemWithYours Fri 16-Oct-09 02:26:13

I'm struggling to write an essay so might not be great company but I do love a labour thread!

It certainly sounds like this could be it and you seem to be coping brilliantly.

Do you know what you're having or are you waiting to find out?

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 02:28:52

Hi CC.

WouldntTouchThem Thanks. Don't know what we are having. DH and my mum think a girl. I think a boy. We have a DS already. Whats the essay?

pregnantpeppa Fri 16-Oct-09 02:28:59

Good luck! Def put your tens machine on sooner rather than later . Are your contractions really lasting 5 minutes shock, that seems a long time!
All fingers crossed for VBAC for you, your first labour sounds like mine - long & failed HB.

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 02:32:43

Sorry the contractions are lasting about 1 min to 1 min 10 (count those seconds).

Yes the long and failed HB was rubbish. Back to back baby. No one knew and didn't have much mw support at home.

Have switched hospitals now and they are much keener on supporting. Here comes another one...

cikecaka Fri 16-Oct-09 02:33:29

I am no good to you HMHB as all 4 of mine were sunroof jobs. (CS), wish I had some powerful words of wisdom but its just not happening, where are the rest of the slatterns when you need them

cikecaka Fri 16-Oct-09 02:34:02

And breathe

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 02:35:41

Just the distraction is good CC. Wow 4 CS's is impressive. I have one question. Do they go in through the scar from last time or do they do a new one? Just wondering if I will end up patchworked if things don't work out with the VBAC.

cikecaka Fri 16-Oct-09 02:38:42

Same scar all the time, DS was a emerg section but the 3 girls were all planned sections. DD3 looking to get dressed

WouldntTouchThemWithYours Fri 16-Oct-09 02:42:14

It's about Stonehenge hmm

Ooooh I wonder who will be right re; the sex!

I am far too impatient and found out at the scan but have always wondered how exciting it must be to actually have some patience and wait to find out.

Your hospital sound great, do you have everything packed and ready? Any relaxing music you could put on?

cikecaka Fri 16-Oct-09 02:44:30

I never ever found out the sex on any of mine, it was the one thing that kept me going in the last few weeks of pregnancy wondering whether it was a he or a she

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 03:12:51

Right. Got tens on now. Its brill. Mum and DH all up.
Have rung hospital and will go in half an hour or when I can't handle it anymore.

Wouldn'tTouch - my mate was an engineer working on the stonehenge bypass. He was investigating the idea of building a tunnel underneath and checked out with hippy types that the tunnel would not affect the 'energy field' of the henge (man).

Is it an archeological essay? I am a geologist by trade.

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 03:19:23

Forgot to say. Have got ipod with tunes on. Last time I got through all the relaxing stuff and was happily listening to the Prodigy after having the epidural.

ViktoriaMac Fri 16-Oct-09 03:19:47

Hi! How exciting! Much more exciting than another sleepless night here. Good luck!

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 03:29:03

Getting ready to go to hospital. Things are hotting up here.
Have been having a little cry about DS.

CJCregg Fri 16-Oct-09 03:32:55

Good luck! Just stumbled on this thread, really wish you all the best. I'm another 2-sunroof job, so not much help, but I hope everything goes ok. Sounds like you are coping brilliantly.

Are you crying because you've got to leave DS behind?

stuffitllllama Fri 16-Oct-09 03:33:14

hi half and good luck, hope the doc doesn't set the timer on you and you get your vbac

welcome to halflet (eventually!)

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 03:37:25

Thank you for good wishes.

Crying cos DS awful birth and feel bad about it. Mum just convinvced mne (ctx) that he is fine and is not affected.

Lots of bag checking going on. If you don['t hear from me I'm in hopital.

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Fri 16-Oct-09 03:50:13

half biscuit's mum here. She has gone in clutching tens machine! I really want to go too but am waiting for Flying squad to arrive (DH's parents) to be on call for DS. can't go back to bed, won't sleep! So thought I would update you.

endoxana Fri 16-Oct-09 03:59:14

Oh very glad folk are up.

Good luck HMHB its very exciting hope TENS is working.

I can't sleep as having CS today and its like waiting for Santa when you are a wee kid. I also don't know the flavour of it.

Having said that my back pain is killing me hope I'm not being a bit thick and its labour!

WouldntTouchThemWithYours Fri 16-Oct-09 04:03:10

Yes it was an Arch essay. All over now so I'm off to bed!

Hope that you're having a lovely birth (prodigy is an excellent choice)

madmissy Fri 16-Oct-09 08:12:11

ooooh hope everything is going well for her! smile

Northernlurker Fri 16-Oct-09 08:18:00

What a lovely thread - HMHB - hope all is going well for you. HMHB's mum - nice work updating musmnet as distraction!

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 16-Oct-09 08:18:35

Excited and jealous at the same time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now