Talk

Advanced search

41 weeks, baby not engaged, another round of accupuncture worth it?

(8 Posts)
FlouryBap Mon 12-Oct-09 09:58:37

Hi - I am 41 weeks today and the baby is not even in my pelvis. It is my second and I do know that they can wait until labour before engaging, but I am getting nervous!

I had a round of acupuncture last week and to be honest didn't really enjoy it and the only change since then as been more clear muscousy discharge. I am wondering whether or not to bother going for another round. Any advocates?

FB

3littlefrogs Mon 12-Oct-09 09:59:50

How would acupuncture help? [baffled]

FlouryBap Mon 12-Oct-09 10:08:55

I have some friends who swear by it for helping the baby move down and thin out the cervix.

FlouryBap Mon 12-Oct-09 10:09:18

I do realise I am maybe grasping at straws [grins]

Sparklytwinkletoes Mon 12-Oct-09 10:20:01

Hi FB, I'm 40+6 today, baby not in pelvis, 1st one never engaged and ended up as am emcs so I'm not holding out much hope at this stage sad. Have got a number from the MW for a reflexologist - am debating giving it a go.

Sorry, not much help as haven't tried the acupuncture - but know how rubbish it all feels at the moment. I've been trying everything I can, so that if it does end up with a c-sec, I know I gave it my best shot... although am close to conceding now sad

FlouryBap Mon 12-Oct-09 11:30:46

Sparkly sad

Please don't give up hope - 7 days is a long time (8 in your case!). I think I am too cynical about the whole acupuncture thing now. I will save my money and keep walking up and down the stairs sideways.

Good luck x

Sparklytwinkletoes Mon 12-Oct-09 21:35:42

Good luck to you too FB - I never had any idea it would be so frustrating.

puffylovett Tue 13-Oct-09 17:57:31

I had 4 sessions of acupuncture in my 2 overdude weeks, and he was still born exactly when I thought he would be !

However, I do believe that it helped my labour - it was very fast and efficient, DS2 basically birthed himself with very little help from me.

The theory is that the acupuncture encourages the blood supply to the uterus. I must admit that I did notice that my (TMI alert!) lady lips swelling totally reduced back to normal after one session and my bowel started moving daily again after being stubborn for a fair while, so I do feel it did something for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now