Talk

Advanced search

Head engaged at 36 weeks

(4 Posts)
Hopeful2 Fri 09-Oct-09 21:36:28

Hi ladies,

just some advice really - I had MW today who told me baby's head is engaged & I am 36 weeks today. This is my 1st baby so I assume that the head can be engaged for a while until actually going into labour?? Could this mean baby will come early??
Also getting very nervous now - mainly about labour / pain / becoming a mum (I am sure these are all feelings / thoughts that goes through every new mum-to-be mind...

MrsHappy Fri 09-Oct-09 21:58:18

AFAIK it is pretty normal for a first baby to have engaged at 36 weeks and doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Can't advise re the nerves - I am 38 weeks with my second and rather afraid!
Good luck, though, you will be absolutely fine!

Freyfreysmum Sat 10-Oct-09 10:01:24

Hi ya - my best friend has just had her first baby, he was born one day early. Head was fully engaged at 36wk appt - means nothing. Sorry! x

Littlepurpleprincess Sat 10-Oct-09 10:07:00

DS was engaged at 36 weeks. He was born at 36 weeks and 6 days and was a fair size and very healthy. I beleive he came early because I am a very small person and couldn't hold on to him any longer grin lol, but I don't really know why. You will be fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now