Talk

Advanced search

Midwife is de briefing me on previous labour tomorrow; what to expect??

(5 Posts)
madmissy Wed 07-Oct-09 20:18:22

i have another thread floating about somewhere which is bit more background on it but what should i expect? i have lots of questions and i am sure i will be in tears lol

midwife coming to my house with my notes she seems lovely

i have been wanting a elective c sec but obviuosly want to cover all bases

previous thread!

girlwithapearl Wed 07-Oct-09 20:36:05

Ok have read your other thread so up to speed!
The midwife who is coming to see you tomorrow sounds great - the fact that she has offered to come to your house and talk things through.
I suspect she will ask lots of open questions - getting you to talk basically and open up about your fears from the previous labours, what went "wrong" in your view, what you would like to change, what you are worried about this time. She is trained to listen and be non-judgemental and quite used to seeing women get emotional so don't worry about those things. She will also be able to explain whether stuff that happened in your previous labours is likely to happen again - or not. Think positive - you are getting support from the right person, someone who can help you make a plan for your care - whether that means going for an elective or trying for a normal birth.
She will help you make the choice that's right for you. If you click, maybe you could ask for her to be in charge of your care for the rest of the pregnancy?
Hope it goes well - it's a great step you've taken admitting that you need support.

madmissy Wed 07-Oct-09 21:02:10

thanks ok so thats bit clearer
i have started writing up notes etc (well typing!) shall i print off to show her?

she seems so nice on phone

girlwithapearl Thu 08-Oct-09 17:46:52

How did it go?

madmissy Thu 08-Oct-09 18:58:18

hiya! thanks for asking just did HUGE reply on the other thread lol but yes went well and feel soooooo much better about things its amazing really what that small chat and clear up can do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now