Talk

Advanced search

Shows. Not the West End sort. How long after yours did you go into labour and how much was there???

(23 Posts)
princessmel Sat 03-Oct-09 22:10:32

Thats all really

I know think that they are supposed to be mucousy(sp) and (maybe/usually) blood stained.
Like a sneeze in your knickers!!

But how much comes out?

I had what I think was a show this morning. Exactly like a sneeze, with red streaks. But it was literally a sneeze sized amount.
I was expecting more.

Also how long after yours did labour start. I didn't have one with ds or dd.

I am 37+3 btw

Deeeja Sat 03-Oct-09 22:44:31

I had a bloody show on Friday around 1am, waters went 2ish, baby born at 8.40am.
Good luck!

princessmel Sat 03-Oct-09 22:45:41

Ooooh!!!!

How much was there?

Hassled Sat 03-Oct-09 22:46:50

Bloody loads of stuff that looked like congealed glue. Unmissable. Labour (induced in 1 case, spontaneous with the others) 2 days later in each case.

Hassled Sat 03-Oct-09 22:47:18

And congratulations Deeja!

Frizbe Sat 03-Oct-09 22:48:08

a few days later here, good luck with it all smile

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Oct-09 22:48:44

Show thursday am around 9am
Can't remember how much (addled brain)
Labour started that night
Baby friday am 5.15am
HTH

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Oct-09 22:49:04

PS GOOD LUCK! grin

princessmel Sat 03-Oct-09 22:50:03

OOh your making me very excited all of you!!

I have had pink spotting all week too, but that was confusing as I had a Canneston pessary and wasnt sure how much was blood and how much was pessary....

princessmel Sat 03-Oct-09 22:52:12

Ooh thanks Olivia too (swoons at a MN boss replying!!!!)

I know you said you can't remember , but was it enough to feel really wet, or need to change clothes or just enough to see when you wiped? I know tmi but it is a childbirth thread!!!

nigglewiggle Sat 03-Oct-09 22:58:56

I just had a bit of blood-streaked mucus, a small amount on one wipe at 9pm. Waters went at 3am (6 hrs later) contractions half an hour later. DD2 born 4 hours later.

I had no show at all with DD1. Good luck.

princessmel Sat 03-Oct-09 23:01:21

Thanks all, I'm off to bed..will let you know if anything happens overnight grin

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Oct-09 23:07:18

Def no spotting before hand but wasn't enough to change clothes> just put a pad in IIRC. Brownish blood and then some blood when wiping for about 3-4 hours or so.
Then was distracted by family arriving (coincidentally)
But I was 40+3 and they did say it was an awfully quick labour
Best of luck with it all

CrankOfTheScrew Sat 03-Oct-09 23:13:48

PMSL at the thought of a musical production in my undercrackers! It sort of feels like that IMO! You almost expect your fanjo to be doing jazz-hands.

I was v. excited about mine, and they both happened once labour had established. There was lots.

Everyone labour's different though, and a show is not necessarily a precursor to labour.

Minshu Sun 04-Oct-09 07:01:29

Congratulations, Deeeja grin and envy

I had a very little bit of non-mucousy spotting last Monday (40+6), accompanied by cramps and strengthening BH, but all tailed off to nothing overnight sad

Had a show this morning - but couldn't tell how much or how viscous, 'cos it was straight into the loo. Now have a hot water bottle strapped to my back while sat on birthing ball and will go for a walk a bit later - when I can extract DP from bed. I am fairly confident labour will start on Tuesday, if not before, as that's when induction is booked for. Would be nice to do it myself, though.

Some positive sounding stories on here - fingers crossed for you princessmel grin (and for me) wink

arolf Sun 04-Oct-09 17:12:38

I had a show from the wednesday evening then more and more and more of it over the weds night. went into labour thursday morning, baby FINALLY born late saturday night!

was so much show I thought i would just be giving birth to a mucous blob...

nigglewiggle Tue 06-Oct-09 14:05:01

An news Princessmel?

princessmel Wed 07-Oct-09 15:46:47

No nigglewigggle

Thanks for asking

I had a small bit more on monday and a teeny bit more last night. Really hardly anything though. If I hadn't been scrutinizing the loo roll I would have missed it.
Dh and I 'did the deed' last night and this morning in the hope that something will happen. I feel very uncomfy today. Seeing midwife tomorrow, I wonder if baby is more engaged.

nigglewiggle Thu 08-Oct-09 18:22:25

Fingers crossed for you. smile

gorge2003 Thu 08-Oct-09 20:51:45

had a sweep on the thursday morning (10am) had a show by 6pm (probably about a tablespoons worth maybe more) started having contractions that night every 10 mins, continued the friday, saturday it all stopped...woken 5:45am sunday morning with contractions every 2-3 mins baby born 2:16pm sunday...took me a while lol but established labour was 2 hours 28mins!

KathleenMay Mon 12-Oct-09 10:22:16

Think it can vary? the plug may come away all at once or over a period of time, so mucous amount and one off or continual shows may vary a bit. either way though a good sign! I'm hoping I see one soon ;) sweep today for me (i hope), that might help...

princessmel Mon 12-Oct-09 10:31:14

Well I have been having bits on and off since I started this thread. But on saturday I had the most.

Still not gone into labour though!!!!

Anya4 Mon 12-Oct-09 22:08:01

Flipping three weeks !! was with my first baby, so was expecting imminent labour but had a long wait.....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now