Talk

Advanced search

SPD - Good enough excuse for an early sweep?

(11 Posts)
Smuddy81 Thu 01-Oct-09 17:01:14

Hi guys,

I've spoken to my midwife before about when they do induction etc but before it weas really relevant to me and she said any kind of induction (presumably including a sweep) wont be considered until 41 weeks.

I'm suffering quite badly from SPD and have a check up on Monday when I'll be 39+3 and I'm considering asking her for a sweep then to see if we can get things going. I'm becoming less and less mobile by the day and could do with something to look forward to (in a manner of speaking!)

Anyone got any experience of this or any other tips to survive the last weeks/days?!

S
x

herbietea Thu 01-Oct-09 17:06:06

Message withdrawn

LilRedWG Thu 01-Oct-09 17:08:07

I'd say it's an excellent reason. I had an elective CS at 38 weeks due to SPD (and a couple of other reasons).

Smuddy81 Thu 01-Oct-09 17:09:18

Thanks guys! I feel a bit more confident about asking now and not getting laughed out of the consulting room! I shall be firm!

RubysReturn Thu 01-Oct-09 17:10:24

Oh lord yes!

My Ob agreed to induce at 40 weeks, with a review at 38w if things got really bad.

Do you have some pain relief? I know some people are anti, but I had 2 under 4 and they needed to get to pre-school! I found osteopath huge help in recovering too

Smuddy81 Thu 01-Oct-09 17:13:25

I've been with the grin and bare it sort of thinking, not sure if it was the best but I dont have any other children to run after so I guess this is going to be my easiest pregnancy in that respect! I am more than ready to seek extra help after the birth though if things dont go back to normal.

RubysReturn Thu 01-Oct-09 17:39:48

Not a bad thing to get some sleep before a delivery! I take it you know about moving correctly, body pillow etc?

LilRedWG Thu 01-Oct-09 19:34:59

Ah Smuddy, I did that. Carried on regardless. Biggest mistake I've ever made. Take it very easy from here on out - you need your strength for the forthcoming months. x

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Thu 01-Oct-09 19:43:52

I had a sweep and induction due to SPD, sweep was a week before the induction was booked, as a last resort to save me being induced.....it didn't work, but the induction was booked for 39+5 anyway, so I was term.

This was book a month or so beforehand, so it wasn't even at it's worst and they let me. grin

But I would say to think about it carefully as induction isn't very plesent and can be more painful. I ended up with an EmCSection (obviously not everybody does) and looking back could probably have gone a few more days, with a possiblility of going into natural labour. (Although that could have ended up the same too) If it truly is unbearable then go for it.

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Thu 01-Oct-09 19:45:12

booked

LilRedWG Mon 05-Oct-09 18:40:51

How did you get on Smuddy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now