Talk

Advanced search

Pink discharge on pantyliner but I used a Canneston pessary last night , could it just be that??

(18 Posts)
princessmel Thu 01-Oct-09 10:24:17

I am 37+1

I used one the night before too. And yesterday the residue was looking like chalk. White and crumbly. It says this is what it should be like on the enclosed leaflet.

Today it's pink. Do you think I just poked the stick in too much or is it something else?

Canneston pessary and cream was prescribed by gp.

I also have an achey feeling underneath my bump.

Thanks

MrsBadger Thu 01-Oct-09 10:49:05

I had it the other way round - a slight pink discharge was the thing that alerted me to the thrush.

Change the pantyline and if there is more ring the mw, if no more put it down to the thrush.

princessmel Thu 01-Oct-09 10:54:22

Thanks Mrs B.

I had a 'tea' coloured dishcharge last week, then the soreness started so I went to the gps.
Got the Canneston.

The thrush symptoms have cleared up already.

3 pantyliners have had pink on today. Sort of germolene coloured.

MrsBadger Thu 01-Oct-09 10:58:25

3? I would ring mw and see what they say

(warning, they may want you to go up to the observation ward so they can slap a monitor on you, so get the chores done, clear your schedule, check DH can do nursery pickup if necc etc before ringing, and take a good book!)

PootleTheFlump Thu 01-Oct-09 10:59:00

I had exactly the same thing. I rang the delivery suite in a panic and she said it was "debris" from the treatment, but ring them if you're concerned.

princessmel Thu 01-Oct-09 11:01:56

That's what my friends say.

But surely if it is baby coming then that's not a bad thing is it??. No cx just a sort of ache. But more noticable when I am standing/walking.

Shouldn't I wait for cx or waters to go or anything else!!?

Ds is going to a friends for tea, dd coul be dropped at friends...

Can't face internals and waiting for nothing!!!!

princessmel Thu 01-Oct-09 11:03:13

Pootle the flump, what did it look like??

Yesterday it was white and chalky like I've had before when not been pregnant, today pink.

PlumBumMum Thu 01-Oct-09 11:05:23

How many weeks are you now?

You look fab in your picsenvy

hobbgoblin Thu 01-Oct-09 11:05:38

Canesten IS pinky in my experience.

I once left a pair of knickers I had worn post pessary on the floor under the valance of a hotel bed, much to my embarrassment. They were nice knickers too. They were velvet and much coveted and that is how I know I left them.

PlumBumMum Thu 01-Oct-09 11:07:44

Ignore me you said 37+1,
could be the canesten or with dc3 I had this towards the end, kept thinking I had a show so every night for the last 3 weeks I kept thinking this is itgrin

princessmel Thu 01-Oct-09 11:08:49

Hmmm now I'm confused!

It is a def pink, not a creamy pink.

The leaflet said chalky!!

Hang on I'll check again....

PBM I am 37+1 . Thanks for saying that about my pics. I've been trying hard to look halfway decent during this pregnancy.

princessmel Thu 01-Oct-09 11:09:52

Hobbgobblin how annoying leaving nice knickers!

hobbgoblin Thu 01-Oct-09 11:10:45

I know!

The best description I can come up with is of that off plaster (as on walls) once dry.

princessmel Thu 01-Oct-09 11:15:41

This is pinker....

got to collect dd back in a bit

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Thu 01-Oct-09 13:16:44

Hi, I have had this!

With DS1 I had a pessary at 29 weeks and noticed pinkish creamy discharge. The mw said it was probably where the pessary had irritated some blood vessels around the cervix.

If you are worried then get it checked out, but unless it's actual bleeding it's probably fine.

princessmel Thu 01-Oct-09 13:18:22

I'm not worried, would actually be quite pleased if something was happening!!

Thanks for replying

PootleTheFlump Thu 01-Oct-09 19:06:12

Hi, sorry, posted and then went out. Your description of germolene struck a cord! Was a def pink-coloured creamy discharge. The mw I spoke to made it sound v usual post canesten. Good luck though, this may be "it"!

princessmel Fri 02-Oct-09 10:14:21

Thanks Pootle

More of the same today, not as red/pink though.

My mum looked at the pantyliner (cringe) last night and said she thought it was blood. (I had kept it incase I went in and was going to show the midwife) I said to her 'you don't want to see it' but she was examining it!!! blush There hasn't been anymore of the same brightness since.

I am just waiting and seeing. Last pessary went in last night so hopefully only have today with the residue stuff coming out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now