Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unique gift for new mum...

(6 Posts)
mummalish Tue 29-Sep-09 07:56:54

Hope its ok to post this on this board. I am struggling to think of an inexpensive, unique, useful and interesting gift for a new mum.

Something really useful that no one else has thought of, we cant afford pricey gifts, and dont want to be boring.

Please help. xxxxx

mrsflux Tue 29-Sep-09 08:41:56

i found a thermos mug incredibly useful! i got really sick of re-heating cups of tea in the microwave - they never taste the same!
it's a bit practical but great for the early days when you can never predict when you'll have long enough for a cuppa!
pair it with some yummy cookies and that's make me smile!

CashierNumber2Please Tue 29-Sep-09 09:00:45

Oh yes I second that, thats a fab idea.

This is a bit cheesy but I was skint when my friend had her LO so I gave her a home made voucher book with things like a manicure from me, dinner at my house, I would do her shopping for her for a couple of days, half a day babysitting while she did what she wanted etc just daft little things. She seemed to appreciate it. Although I wish I had put an expiry date on them.....

colditz Tue 29-Sep-09 09:01:47

A huge bottle of vodka (as presented to my by my strictly-no-breeding friend.)

MrsJamin Tue 29-Sep-09 09:03:37

Some home-cooked meals she can stick in the freezer and reheat when she's had a bad day!

MrsBadger Tue 29-Sep-09 09:36:54

cake
gin
meals for the freezer - a lasagne would be wonderful
offer of babysitting the older child if she has one - well not babysitting as such but taking them on an exciting trip to the park etc to give her and the new baby some time.

in general new mums appreciate thoughtful things that will make their lives easier rather than expensive 'gift items'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now