I'm 38 weeks and hv been admitted to wait out rest of preg as baby in oblique lie. If it goes ceph 3 days they'll induce. It's the first time I've not been with my toddler daughter so feels pretty hard on us all tho she can visit every day. Trying to keep in perspective tho - we're all healthy and two weeks is not an eternity even if feels it esp as for dd will end with huge life change of new sibling. Anyway, any thoughts tips rallying welcome!
Been admitted because if my waters break there's risk of cord prolapse which is dangerous for baby. Induce to get it out in good position in case swings back. If first baby I'd feel fine to wait it out but tbh right now I just want to get home to dd. Even considered asking for c section!
I had this also but asked my consultant what my other options were and I was told I could go home but if my waters broke to lie in a certain position and call an ambulance - so I went home - I told him I would be much more stressed to be lying in a noisy hospital for weeks. You don't have to stay.
My cons says she can't recommend that. Although likelihood of a problem quite low consequences potentially v serious - reckons 20 min window to play with in event of waters going and cord prolapsing. Not long enough for me to get in from home. So must stay. Did yr baby drop in the end? Hope all went well.
No I had a csection in the end. It was also hospital policy at my hospital - but the consultant said it was more about that in the unlikely event something went wrong they couldn't be sued, and said he would recommend his wife to stay home - so I was happy to do that. He also pointed out that most womens labour starts with contractions and other signs rather than waters breaking and that more often than not they leak slowly rather than gush out etc.