Talk

Advanced search

sweep...yuck

(5 Posts)
baby1onway Tue 22-Sep-09 20:34:48

mw has booked me in 4 a sweep in 2weeks time..just incase i go over (due in week and half)but its makin me feel sick thinkin bout it-labour doesnt worry me @all but the thought of a sweep...urgh!!does it hurt?is it embarassin?i figured that i'l b in 2much pain2 care when im in labour reg my dignity!never had a smear or anythin..

heavenstobetsy Tue 22-Sep-09 20:37:20

I didn't think it was that bad - the midwife was lovely, she didn't bat an eyelid (obviously) and it was more a 'pressure' where she was trying to reach so far in than an actual pain!

I really didn't think it was a big deal, but if you really can't face it then don't have one. Its not compulsory ....

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 22-Sep-09 20:40:47

I had a sweep with DS2 and it didn't hurt at all.
A lady consultant did it, was very gentle and not embarassing at all. They do it every day.
No more embarassing than any of the other stuff we women go thru.

LackingNicknameInspiration Wed 23-Sep-09 14:21:32

Also had one with DD - hardly felt a thing. MW was very gentle and didn't even seem to look, just told me what she could feel - no more intrusive than when they check you when you first arrive at hospital in labour and much less uncomfortable than a smear.

I think some people do find them uncomfortable but just try to relax as much as you can - let her know you're nervous so she knows to be extra gentle too.

Hopefully you won't need it anyway - best of luck!

mrsruffallo Wed 23-Sep-09 14:34:54

There's nothing disgusting about it. It's all very quick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now