Talk

Advanced search

any ladies that started with back ache and went on to be in labour???

(7 Posts)
mummy2t Tue 22-Sep-09 09:51:34

hi, how does it feel?? i am 39 weeks with my 3rd but other 2 i didnt have any back pain. this morning i have had aching down right side but quite high up, since having a walk to school its now moved down abit and is more in the middle. could this be the start or do i just have back ache??

mummy2t Tue 22-Sep-09 12:40:27

bump

Toady Tue 22-Sep-09 13:30:45

Hi mummy2t

Could just be back ache but could be the start, it was for me with DD2.

This then progressed to irregular contractions with a lot of pain in my back, the reason being is that she was actually lying back to back.

All you can do is wait really and if your little one is back to back you will need to give her/him time to turn which could take a while.

As I said this is only MY experience and hopefully you are feeling better now. smile

loganberry12 Tue 22-Sep-09 15:57:45

just had my baby 2 weeks ago i was 11 days overdue but i started off with really bad backache the day before and period pain went on to go into labour the next day and had her within 50 mins good luck

Oumasrusks Tue 22-Sep-09 18:38:36

Both my labours started with lower back pain. I'm not sure whether yours is the start of labour or not, but good luck!

bluemango Thu 24-Sep-09 21:16:49

I had bad backache for about a week before giving birth 2 weeks ago. It would be really bad at night but I didn't really think it was early labour until my water broke unexpectedly. Instead, I assumed it was just because my bump was so big and heavy, and kept using a hot water bottle.

The pain seemed to move around but when my water broke, it intensified into contractions so I now think I must have been in early labour all week.

Good luck!

PrammyMammy Fri 25-Sep-09 00:03:10

Both my labours started with backache. When in labour with ds i only had contractions in my back until i needed to push. It was a straight line across my bottom back. With dd it was down my left side from my ribs then around my bottom back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now