Talk

Advanced search

How soon after a c-section can you soak in the bath?

(8 Posts)
SmallScrewCap Mon 21-Sep-09 19:53:19

Stupid question, maybe - I am gagging for a nice soak in the tub but have had "keep your scar dry" drummed into me so much that I might not be able to enjoy it.

C-section was 4 weeks ago this Wednesday and scar of dissolvable stitches has healed well with no infection.

l39 Mon 21-Sep-09 20:07:51

I had a bath 24 hours after in hospital. I healed perfectly. No one told me not to bathe! My incision was closed with a long bit of plastic wire, though, not dissolvable stitches.

nellie12 Mon 21-Sep-09 20:09:37

so is the skin intact? if so you can go and run the bath. grin

franklymydear Mon 21-Sep-09 20:10:52

4 weeks and you havne't had a bath yet shock

I think you're fine

Portofino Mon 21-Sep-09 20:11:23

I only HAD a bath - no shower. So it must have been 4 days after the CS and I was home. In fact I perfectly recall asking DH to bring me a G&T in the bath! It was 30 mins a day where I left HIM in charge.

PurplePillow Mon 21-Sep-09 20:13:03

I too had a bath in the hospital, but a friend had made up a bag of bits and bobs for me which included lavender oil which when used in a bath aids the healing process (well it seemed to work for me) grin

Hope you enjoy your soak gringringrin

SmallScrewCap Mon 21-Sep-09 20:15:46

Thank you, thank you, you have made my day, my shower is rubbish.

I am going to have geranium bath oils, chocolate, and a scotch on the rocks.

<tears of gratitude emoticon>

SmallScrewCap Mon 21-Sep-09 21:09:49

Well that was absolutely fantastic.

Must have an exit strategy for getting out of an oily bath with no stomach muscles next time, though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now