Talk

Advanced search

Overheard conversation between children about childbirth .....

(5 Posts)
MamaG Mon 21-Sep-09 10:20:30

DD 10 - I don't ever wnat to give birth. I'll either adopt of have a caesarean

DS 5 - a caesarean is harder though

shock

slushy06 Mon 21-Sep-09 11:29:45

Perhaps you should try and talk to your dd and make birth seem more positive.

My ds 3 shocked me the other day as I have just had a baby and he knew I went too the doctors to have her and asked me if he could see where the doctor cut me to get her out I had a vb so had nothing to show and didn't know how to answer the question that came next of well how did she get out?

I settled for changing the conversation I didn't expect that for a while yet don't know what to say next time though.

cheesesarnie Mon 21-Sep-09 11:32:35

grin bless

dd and ds1 used to argue about who came out of mummys door(cs scar) first.was sweet.dh joked i should have 'exit' tattooed above ithmm

MamaG Mon 21-Sep-09 12:52:58

slushy I have talked to her, in broad terms, about giving birth in a positive light but at 10, she's a bit young for me to bang on about it. I remember at 17 saying to my friend that if I ever have children, I'll have a CS. OF course, when I did get pg, I was better informed grin

slushy06 Mon 21-Sep-09 14:33:03

Yes obviously don't bang on about it. Then again it could be used to your advantage I mean if she is scared of birth she may never get a boyfriendgrin. I know what you mean though my little sis who is nearly 9 is also scared of birth my mum left the tv on and there was a women giving birth and screaming and since then we have had endless questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now