Talk

Advanced search

Does this sound like slow labour? Or imminent labour?

(91 Posts)
StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 20:22:22

hey up,

well I am 39+6, and had a biiiiig old show earlier today. Took dd out for the afternoon, on my feet (plus crutches, I have SPD) most of the time. By 5 o clock felt shaky, weepy, headachey, nauseous. Nagging backache, the odd cx, but nothing regular. I had a lie down with two paracetomol, got the odd cx. Got up just now and I have this heavy ache round my pelvic girdle, pressure on my bladder, the odd cx, but mainly this feeling of pressure and low back ache. I feel really weird as well, a bit spacey iyswim?

Am I temptign fate packing dd off to my parents? Could this be it? Does it sound like back to back labour? I think my LO is lying mainly with his bum to my right, but there has been a lot of limb-like kicking at the front today.

I thought I would know what I was doing with teh second as well. Tch.

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 20:22:55

Sorry, am 39+5. (cos that makes a difference obv hmm).

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Sun 20-Sep-09 20:24:10

You're in labour dear. Call the hospital and people you need to smile

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Sun 20-Sep-09 20:26:15

sounds like early labour esp in the absence of regular contractions, you can have a slow start with a back to back baby

try to keep resting and your body will let you know when it is time, but you night relax more if your DD is off to her grandparents which could help get things going

Portofino Sun 20-Sep-09 20:29:10

Good luck!

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 20:54:14

Hurrah, blinkin heck, feel like I have been pg forever. smile Am going to try and eat soemthing and relax.

liahgen Sun 20-Sep-09 20:56:30

I would suggest a nice warm bath, if it's bh and not true labour the bath should ease things off for you, couple paracetamol if it's time for more, (no overdosing in labour please)

If you have alot of back ache, if the bath doesn't ease it, perhaps pop your tens on if you have one.

Good luck.

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 21:01:00

Thank you all smile

i think it's on. Maybe? possibly? Had convinced myself I wasn't really pg earlier today... hmm

liahgen Sun 20-Sep-09 21:06:28

I think you can safely say you are definately pregnant.

Let us know how you are getting on if you are able.

Do you have dh with you? You having hb or hosp?

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 21:24:16

Still having the odd cx, but they are totally not regular, and not stopping me in my tracks... I have a nagging period style back ache too.

dh is out taking dd over to my mum's. Still feel a lot of pressure when I try and stand upright, I think I am going to try having a bath.

We're having a hospital birth, tried for a home birth last time, and it didn't happen (labour was v slow and non progressive) and dh was traumatised by the actual birth, he says 'it was like Nam' - so, off to hosp this time. Later, obviously. For now, the plan is bath, bounce on birth ball, trashy telly and rest.

still don't believe I'm having another baby lol.

PandaEis Sun 20-Sep-09 21:30:09

ooo i LOVE a good labour threadgrin <grabs popcorn> anything happened yet??wink
does sound very early labour-ishsmile
xx ei xx

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 21:48:21

still the same.... back ache, pressure, irregular not v painful ctx.

to tempt fate I am sitting on the sofa cushion i have only just washed this week due to a toddler barf incident.

liahgen Sun 20-Sep-09 21:55:50

I always tell my ladies to pop a pad on at this kind of thing, just gives you enough time to save your furnishings.

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 22:00:47

no no no, proper precautions will make it all grind to a halt grin

liahgen Sun 20-Sep-09 22:15:58

of course, and actually you're not really having a baby are you so need for that kind of thing.

PandaEis Sun 20-Sep-09 22:22:31

smile sounds like a langrin
a good tempt of sods law is in order i thinkgrin call DH and ask him to bring your DD home as nowts happeninggrin that should do itwink

lizziemun Sun 20-Sep-09 22:22:49

It's sound like the labour i had with dd1.

I only went to the hospital when my waters went (still having no real cx) and was already 9cm.

Hope it goes well for you.

PandaEis Sun 20-Sep-09 22:23:23

i need a new laptophmm that was meant to say sounds like a Planhmm

Deeeja Sun 20-Sep-09 22:44:20

Good luck!
LOL at lan, I was trying to figure out what that was. Thought it was some sort of method to bring on labour.
grin

StayFrosty Mon 21-Sep-09 11:47:04

Huh, well I'm still here and still not popped, everything stopped after the bath hmm, thought it might get going again in the night but nope.

roxy12 Mon 21-Sep-09 12:23:04

YOU ARE IN LABOUR!

I WAS IN EARLY LABOUR FOR 1 WEEKS BEFORE I WENT INTO FULL LABOUR!

MY LITTLE BOY WAS BACK TO BACK.

GOOD LUCK.

StayFrosty Tue 22-Sep-09 11:34:10

bump

sad

i am 40 weeks today and still here. still got backache, had a couple of contractions that woke me up around 5 am and kept me awake.... fell back to sleep for a bit. nothing since.

sad

now sat around with my achey breaky back wondering if this is EVER going to kick off properly.

Any suggestions? btw, I have already indulged in some hot action this morning, twas very nice, but led to nowt.

Is it ok to just put the TENS machine on now for the lower back ache?

I am really fed up with all this.

LadyMetroland Tue 22-Sep-09 12:10:13

bump

Am also 40 wks. No sign of anything here either. Haven't got much to add but at least with irregular cx you know your body is doing something

If the pain's not too bad could you try going out for a walk?

StayFrosty Tue 22-Sep-09 12:14:11

hahhahahahaha

<hollow laugh>

I am on crutches with SPD and my house is at the top of a steep steep hill. I suppose it would be a kill or cure type situation though grin

Good luck to you LadyMetroland! do you know what flavour you're having?

Deeeja Tue 22-Sep-09 12:24:57

My due date is tomorrow. I have had cx, period pains, etc for a couple of weeks now. NOTHING!
I woke up this morning at 5am with cx, felt like baby was trying to push herself out because there was so much downwards pressure, stopped around 8, got dh to do school run, and I feel asleep. Had a damn fine sleep though.
A few days ago, I thought I was really in labour, had cx all day starting at 20 mins apart, got closer and more painful until lasting over a minute each and 3 - 5 minutes apart. Then stopped all of a sudden, at midight.
I feel as though I have been waiting for this baby over a week.
Have started to get the dreaded phonecalls and texts now. Even dh's friends are calling him and asking him about me. I have been telling people I am not due until middle of October, but he has told people the real due date. hmm I don't know what he has told mil. She hasn't phoned yet today. I have decided not to answer the landline, and be selective with my mobile.
God, I wrote an essay.
Feel entitled to moan today.
sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now