Advanced search

Does this sound like slow labour? Or imminent labour?

(91 Posts)
StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 20:22:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 20:22:55

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Sun 20-Sep-09 20:24:10

You're in labour dear. Call the hospital and people you need to smile

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Sun 20-Sep-09 20:26:15

sounds like early labour esp in the absence of regular contractions, you can have a slow start with a back to back baby

try to keep resting and your body will let you know when it is time, but you night relax more if your DD is off to her grandparents which could help get things going

Portofino Sun 20-Sep-09 20:29:10

Good luck!

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 20:54:14

liahgen Sun 20-Sep-09 20:56:30

I would suggest a nice warm bath, if it's bh and not true labour the bath should ease things off for you, couple paracetamol if it's time for more, (no overdosing in labour please)

If you have alot of back ache, if the bath doesn't ease it, perhaps pop your tens on if you have one.

Good luck.

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 21:01:00

liahgen Sun 20-Sep-09 21:06:28

I think you can safely say you are definately pregnant.

Let us know how you are getting on if you are able.

Do you have dh with you? You having hb or hosp?

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 21:24:16

PandaEis Sun 20-Sep-09 21:30:09

ooo i LOVE a good labour threadgrin <grabs popcorn> anything happened yet??wink
does sound very early labour-ishsmile
xx ei xx

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 21:48:21

liahgen Sun 20-Sep-09 21:55:50

I always tell my ladies to pop a pad on at this kind of thing, just gives you enough time to save your furnishings.

StayFrosty Sun 20-Sep-09 22:00:47

liahgen Sun 20-Sep-09 22:15:58

of course, and actually you're not really having a baby are you so need for that kind of thing.

PandaEis Sun 20-Sep-09 22:22:31

smile sounds like a langrin
a good tempt of sods law is in order i thinkgrin call DH and ask him to bring your DD home as nowts happeninggrin that should do itwink

lizziemun Sun 20-Sep-09 22:22:49

It's sound like the labour i had with dd1.

I only went to the hospital when my waters went (still having no real cx) and was already 9cm.

Hope it goes well for you.

PandaEis Sun 20-Sep-09 22:23:23

i need a new laptophmm that was meant to say sounds like a Planhmm

Deeeja Sun 20-Sep-09 22:44:20

Good luck!
LOL at lan, I was trying to figure out what that was. Thought it was some sort of method to bring on labour.

StayFrosty Mon 21-Sep-09 11:47:04

roxy12 Mon 21-Sep-09 12:23:04

StayFrosty Tue 22-Sep-09 11:34:10

LadyMetroland Tue 22-Sep-09 12:10:13

Am also 40 wks. No sign of anything here either. Haven't got much to add but at least with irregular cx you know your body is doing something

If the pain's not too bad could you try going out for a walk?

StayFrosty Tue 22-Sep-09 12:14:11

Deeeja Tue 22-Sep-09 12:24:57

My due date is tomorrow. I have had cx, period pains, etc for a couple of weeks now. NOTHING!
I woke up this morning at 5am with cx, felt like baby was trying to push herself out because there was so much downwards pressure, stopped around 8, got dh to do school run, and I feel asleep. Had a damn fine sleep though.
A few days ago, I thought I was really in labour, had cx all day starting at 20 mins apart, got closer and more painful until lasting over a minute each and 3 - 5 minutes apart. Then stopped all of a sudden, at midight.
I feel as though I have been waiting for this baby over a week.
Have started to get the dreaded phonecalls and texts now. Even dh's friends are calling him and asking him about me. I have been telling people I am not due until middle of October, but he has told people the real due date. hmm I don't know what he has told mil. She hasn't phoned yet today. I have decided not to answer the landline, and be selective with my mobile.
God, I wrote an essay.
Feel entitled to moan today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now