Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

bit late but i got my natural birth! sorry bit long!

(13 Posts)
franfoxy2003 Sat 19-Sep-09 10:27:24

I was posting on here for a while moaning because i was diagnosed with GD and was told i was being induced at 39+5 on the 8th september (tuesday)

So i had a sweep on the thursday and nothing happened except mild period pains that day, friday had contractions every 10mins then saturday it all stopped!

was woken up at 5:45am on the sunday (6th) in agony...contractions every 3-4 mins, phoned my mum as she was my birth partner along with dh. Went to hospital at 8:30am and was told i was 3-4 cms. contractions were coming very strong and fast about 11:45 i was examined again and was 6cms although i wanted to push. Really wanted an epidural but was told there was a delay. Tried gas and air and hated it, hate feeling sick, so i gave up with that! 1:30pm i REALLY needed to push but was in so much pain i didnt (dunno how that makes sense)...during this the midwives were panicking cos babies heartbeat had been dipping VERY LOW since about 10am so a probe was fitted to babies head and from 10am i was on the bed and not allowed to move cos babies heart rate was alot better with me led down, it was agony having to stay still!

Anyway at 2:12pm i started pushing and after 4mins and two big pushes baby was here! took longer for placenta which took 9 mins!

so baby was passed straight to me and hubby attempted to cut the cord...he had been given blunt scissors!

10 mins later i decided to have a look and see what baby was and it was a GIRL!!! I now have a ds and dd! absolutely over the moon!

during thsi cuddle time the midwives were fiddling down there (haha) and found out i had a prolapsed cervix because it all hapenned so quick! was made to sit still for 3 hours with legs crossed! 3 hours passed and was examined stood up and sat down everything seemed fine!

4 days after the birth felt funny like something was poking out, my mum had a look (trained nurse) and she popped whatever it was back in! saw midwife next day and she said it was a cystocele (bladder poking into my fanjo) nothing more done except told to rest and keep eye on it!

so here i am 13 days later everything seems to have gone back in place but im pretty sore down there, not sure why no stitches etc but was told possible graze after i had her so might be that!

but after dd scaring me with her very low heart rate and my fanjo problems everything is fantastic, took 2 and a half years and 2 miscarriages to get her here and im loving every second of it!

so dd born 6th september at 2:16pm weighing in at 6lb 10oz!

CalypsoFlame Sat 19-Sep-09 11:15:29

Congratulations!

"10 mins later i decided to have a look and see what baby was and it was a GIRL!!!"

JamesAndTheGiantBanana Sat 19-Sep-09 11:35:03

Aaw, BIG congratulations to you!

JamesAndTheGiantBanana Sat 19-Sep-09 11:35:22

Aaw, BIG congratulations to you!

MmeLindt Sat 19-Sep-09 11:38:00

Congratulations.

LOL at you waiting 10 mins before looking to see if boy or girl.

PurplePillow Sat 19-Sep-09 11:39:09

Congratulations franfoxy grin

RorysRacingMa Sat 19-Sep-09 11:42:23

Well done and especially having to lie down most of the time when all you want to do is writhe and move. Hope all the family are enjoying your new daughter. smile

ILikeToQuickstepItTangoIt Sat 19-Sep-09 11:54:59

Many many congratulations. She was worth waiting for smile

franfoxy2003 Sat 19-Sep-09 14:54:58

she definatly was worth waiting for, after all the hurt and pain we have suffered over the past 2 and a half years she was worth the wait! Our little miracle!

thanks everyone! lol took me a while to look and see what she was didnt it! haha was too busy just looking at her!

Mamulik Sat 19-Sep-09 16:52:23

well done! Congratulations to you, your mum and DH, and DS!!!

CarmenSanDiego Sat 19-Sep-09 16:55:14

Congratulations! What a happy ending

skidoodle Sat 19-Sep-09 17:28:02

Delighted for you, congratulations

franfoxy2003 Sat 19-Sep-09 19:50:55

oh forgot to put in there that my waters had disappeared too! they were going to rupture them because of her heartbeat dropping to speed it up (not that they needed to speed it up as notes said established labour 2:28 mins!) and they weren't there...would love to know where they disappeared to!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: