Talk

Advanced search

16 days overdue?!

(4 Posts)
sparkle09 Wed 16-Sep-09 14:42:10

a parent at school is 16 days overdue!

i always thought that they c-section by 14 days over? am i wrong? i thought it was dangerous to leave it too long.

they have tried to induce her last week but that obviously didnt work and the cervix is still hard and fully sealed so there no signs of labour starting naturally any time soon,

she hasnt even been booked in for c-section yet? surely somethings not right about this?

slushy06 Wed 16-Sep-09 17:56:51

I think People are allowed to go up to 3 weeks if they push for a scan to check the placenta is fully working. Perhaps someone has got the wrong end of the stick and by inducement meant a sweep maybe.

lou4791 Wed 16-Sep-09 19:42:25

It is usual for hospitals to recommend induction between term +10 to term +14. However, it is always the woman's choice, and many informed women would choose not to just go along with hospital policy, but to request scans and monitoring for placental function and liquor volume, and make a decision regarding induction based on the results of this. A caesarean would definaely not automatically be booked. i would imagine the induction tried last week was a membrane sweep, rather than a proper induction.
lou x

CarGirl Wed 16-Sep-09 19:43:35

I was induced at 16 days over, def no automatic c-section!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now