Talk

Advanced search

hypno birthing

(15 Posts)
graciem Mon 14-Sep-09 19:19:21

hi has anyone used hypnosis in labour

electra Mon 14-Sep-09 19:21:05

Yes, I did - would thoroughly recommend it! Although I found it very late in the pregnancy - the earlier you start the better. But I am sure it made things a lot easier for me.

graciem Mon 14-Sep-09 19:21:58

thanks, how did you go about it

LynetteScavo Mon 14-Sep-09 19:23:04

I did too, & highly reccomend.

I think there must be quite a few threads in archives about this.

Worth every penny.

LynetteScavo Mon 14-Sep-09 19:25:02

I would sugest looking for someone who practices the Mongon methos...and would also sugest they have had a baby themselves, using hypno birthing.

graciem Mon 14-Sep-09 19:25:53

thanks. was it something you got from parent education classes. as far as i am aware in my area there is a relaxation class but it is a one off class for 1hr. doesnt seem very long to learn.

LynetteScavo Mon 14-Sep-09 19:26:52

here

electra Mon 14-Sep-09 19:27:02

See here to find your nearest practitioner. My teacher was a great help to me. I think it is particularly great if you are having a home birth but I had to be induced and still managed to use it effectively for me.

electra Mon 14-Sep-09 19:27:33

sorry cross posted! grin

graciem Mon 14-Sep-09 19:27:35

i actually got the mongon method book today and was hoping to pick something up from that but it sounds like ther are classes involved. did you attend any classes

LynetteScavo Mon 14-Sep-09 19:28:50

The course I did was 4 X 2 hours.

It included a fear fear realese session, in which I was hypnotised, helping me to no longer be afraid of gining birth (I'd ahd a traumatic birth with DS1)

graciem Mon 14-Sep-09 19:32:56

thank u for the info

needahand Mon 14-Sep-09 20:47:27

I also did the Mongan method + course and it was brilliant. I was very chilled for about 11.30 h of my labour with DS (freaked out a bit when I was in transition).

Worth every penny and I am a wimp and had a very difficult labout with DD with every drug in the books. Worth a shot, there is nothing to loose

crankytwanky Mon 14-Sep-09 20:53:18

Ooh I was going to look this up tonight too!

I was speaking to a woman contracting 2/10 the other day who was doing it and she just shut her eyes through the cx and then carried on nattering. It looked fab! I found entonox put me off last time, breathing & positive thinking helped more, so I may try this if the classes aren't too expensive.

LynetteScavo Tue 15-Sep-09 07:27:26

It is fab....but it is hard work and takes concentration. It helped with my 2nd (hostpital) birth, but it was unbeliveable with my 3rd (home) birth, and I can honestly say I felt no pain.

(Don't throw thinks, guys!)

<<ducks>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now