Talk

Advanced search

*SOS* Lula or a midwife or someone please me

(11 Posts)
memoo Sun 13-Sep-09 23:00:21

I have been in hospital since friday. they are trying to induce me and have had 3 lots of gel but aapart from the really painful contractins i'm getting nowhere and im only 2cm

they a going to giving me more gel tomorrow but im really scared of whats going to happen.

registrar last night even talked about if this one doesnt work they might just send me home and leave me as i'm only 38 weeks. this to me sounds ridiculous and dont think i can cope with these pains at home.

please does anyone have any advice i'm really scared and upset

sorry for crap typing am on mobile

littleducks Sun 13-Sep-09 23:10:49

ok, stay calm

hopefully someone better will be along soon

why were they inducing you at 38 weeks anyway? has that reason disapeared?

and a BIG BUMP

dizzymare Sun 13-Sep-09 23:11:01

Bumping for you and sending a hug x

FlappyTheBat Sun 13-Sep-09 23:22:36

Memoo, why are they inducing you at 38/40?

Have you had monitoring done?

I am sure that if they had serious concerns about you or the baby's health, they would have delivered you by now. Most women who are being induced are on a CTG monitor, so if they are talking about sending you home, your baby's CTG must be ok.

Unfortunately, and I'm speaking from experience, when you are induced, your contractions can be an awful lot more painful than if labour started naturally.

If you don't think you can manage the pains at home, then refuse to be discharged.
We are too accepting sometimes when health professionals tell us what is happening (I am one myself!)

Don't be scared and don't worry about asking for someone to come and speak to you.

thesecondcoming Sun 13-Sep-09 23:35:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

newspaperdelivery Sun 13-Sep-09 23:56:54

If you get to 3/4 prostins then often a 'rest' day is used to allow the doses to get to maximum potency and totally make sure every chance is given to get to the breaking the water phase. Before reviewing the induction. So it's not actually that off the wall a management. A rest day is sometimes just nicer at home, all the stress of being in hospital gives you a break.

That assumes the bubba is doing A-ok, and that the need for induction is not so pressing as to override this. Of course.

Oh good luck with whatever you decide to do. I hope you get some sleep! This really sucks for you. Good luck darling. x

cathcat Mon 14-Sep-09 00:08:24

memoo, sorry you are having awful pains and are worried. Sorry I have no useful advice but good luck and hopefully your baby will be here soon.

memoo Mon 14-Sep-09 07:25:45

will have to be quick as phone about to die

bing induced due to gestationnal diabetes and huge baby.

waiting for doc to come this morning

LuluMaman Mon 14-Sep-09 07:54:43

you can't have more than 3 lots of gel really without being given a day off.. it can cause lots of pains, such as the ones you are experinecing,but no dilation.

you need to talk to them about the pains, but it is likely they will wear off once the gel is out of your system if you don't go into labour.

if your body is not ready, it's not ready

forcing it to try to labour is painful and exhausting and debilatating

do you have a TENS machine? have you been given paracetomal/codeine/sleeping tablets to enable you to rest?

being sent home and going back in a few days might help relax enough to maybe even go into labour

cathcat Tue 15-Sep-09 23:36:31

Memoo, hope you are okay and comfortable ~ either holding your baby or baby still okay waiting to come out!

MrsHappy Wed 16-Sep-09 21:32:28

How are you getting on Memoo?
Hopefully you have your lovely baby by now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now