I have been in hospital since friday. they are trying to induce me and have had 3 lots of gel but aapart from the really painful contractins i'm getting nowhere and im only 2cm
they a going to giving me more gel tomorrow but im really scared of whats going to happen.
registrar last night even talked about if this one doesnt work they might just send me home and leave me as i'm only 38 weeks. this to me sounds ridiculous and dont think i can cope with these pains at home.
please does anyone have any advice i'm really scared and upset
I am sure that if they had serious concerns about you or the baby's health, they would have delivered you by now. Most women who are being induced are on a CTG monitor, so if they are talking about sending you home, your baby's CTG must be ok.
Unfortunately, and I'm speaking from experience, when you are induced, your contractions can be an awful lot more painful than if labour started naturally.
If you don't think you can manage the pains at home, then refuse to be discharged. We are too accepting sometimes when health professionals tell us what is happening (I am one myself!)
Don't be scared and don't worry about asking for someone to come and speak to you.
If you get to 3/4 prostins then often a 'rest' day is used to allow the doses to get to maximum potency and totally make sure every chance is given to get to the breaking the water phase. Before reviewing the induction. So it's not actually that off the wall a management. A rest day is sometimes just nicer at home, all the stress of being in hospital gives you a break.
That assumes the bubba is doing A-ok, and that the need for induction is not so pressing as to override this. Of course.
Oh good luck with whatever you decide to do. I hope you get some sleep! This really sucks for you. Good luck darling. x