Talk

Advanced search

Where is this baby? Come moan, overdue Peeps!

(59 Posts)
usernametaken Sun 13-Sep-09 20:06:28

Today I am a hormonal blubbering mess, where is this baby? I am only 5 days over so shouldn't even complain. DD was 5 days late, but I don't remember feeling like this.

The MW came to my house today to perform a sweep. She doesn't think it'll work (thanks for telling me that when I'm lying there and she is practically tickling my tonsils) as the cervix was far back. She managed to draw blood (perfectly normal) and tell me I was about 2cm dilated but that she'll repeat the procedure on Wednesday. I could have cried again had my head not been wedged in the headboard!

Tonight we went for a walk, went for a curry and if I am still desperate I might opt for a mercy shag, but this baby is well and truly wedged in still.

I hate doing the school run every morning and afternoon as I am constantly asked "haven't you had it yet"...er, do I look like it?

I'm also scared that this baby is going to be huge- 5lbs at 34wks so who knows what now.

So, please join me in the overdue, hormonal, sobbing club!

mummy2t Sun 13-Sep-09 20:35:52

i not even overdue and feel like you babe god knows how i will feel if do go over!! i am also getting the havent you had it yet comments, seriously the next person to say it is getting a punch!!! i like you are also going to go for the mercy shag but i think Dh isnt up for it as i havent been near him in months and now all of sudden " i am in the mood" or so he thinks. i think he should finish what he started!
dont know what to say other than here to chat if you need too xxxx
oh yeah mumsylady reackons you should ermmm get DOWN to business and errmmm swallow!!!! apparently gets thinks going blush i dont know how she dare have the word lady in her username lol (still love ya mumsylady wink )

Snowfalls108 Sun 13-Sep-09 20:47:44

Due today and also going mad. Mine was 8lbs 1 at 36 weeks so terrified of the size of it by now!

arolf Sun 13-Sep-09 21:05:16

I'm due next sunday, and going totally mad too - got sweep booked on the following wednesday, and your description has made me wince (and DP giggle ) convinced baby will be late though...

I've decided to place bets with my DP on when baby will arrive, as some sort of financial incentive for me if and when he does go overdue!

good luck to all those who are actually overdue!

eightisseventoomany Sun 13-Sep-09 22:50:53

Am thinking I may be abusing the name mumsylady myself...

but its only through sheer desperation mummy2t !!!

I would sit on a fresh pineapple if it helped !!!!! hehehe

I am in agony again tonight....as Ive ironed boys clothes for just an hour....now Im feeling so sick & my back & stomach are killing me !!!!

got to be up tomorrow at 6.30am too...!!!

Cant face sex though.....although could easily face the grim reaper !!!!

grin

usernametaken Mon 14-Sep-09 08:30:50

Now 40+6 and feeling the right to moan some more!

Had a very tasty curry last night, but that is all it was- tasty, not labour inducing!
The mercy bonk after the curry was too much to contemplate and besides, I need about a week to psyche myself into that!

Sitting on a pineapple could work by tickling the baby out...but then ones other bits (which aren't quite the same after 40+6 weeks) would be sore! lol

I plan on tidying out a few toys and then boring the baby out with daytime TV- nothing like antiques to get a baby moving!
I'll then waddle up to school to pick up a very impatient 'where is this baby' DD and be confronted by every member of staff and every parent (thank goodness it is a small school) to repeat "oh no, no sign of the baby yet" several million times!

This evening, DH can fend off the inlaws asking if anything has happened yet...er, we'd call you with news on the day, not leave it a week or two hmm!

Please join me in moaning!

holliejobber Mon 14-Sep-09 10:03:57

40+16 now. In hospital for monitering as we speak, another 20 mins on this bloody heart rate machine then iv got my 3rd stretch and sweep to look forward too! Ahhh! When will it come? My friend at the school has taken to calling me nelly(as in elephants being pregnant for 18m) really loudly. Im losing my sense of humour. To top it all off im back at college tonight, didn't think i'd still be pregnant!

mummy2t Mon 14-Sep-09 10:08:46

ahh i feel for you all, and even feel guilty for moaning when i not even overdue yet.
i am suppose to be working today but cant be arsed, just want to veg out and ea custard creams!! whoops already done that bit, ate about 15!! where is everyone from??? i am in notts.

TigerFeet Mon 14-Sep-09 10:10:38

Hello, my name is TigerFeet and I'm 40+2 [big sigh]

Huge sympathy to everyone.

pmsl @ mercy bonk grin

I have eaten pineapple, curry, I have boinged on an exercise ball and driven up and down bumpy roads.

Holliejobber, huge respect to you, I can't imagine hanging on for another two weeks. Not that you have had much say, but 40+16, poor you. Would you like some of my pineapple? grin

mamadiva Mon 14-Sep-09 10:30:34

I'm not pg but when I was having DS i ended up going 7 days overdue and it drove me mad!

The day before I went into labour I had a membrane sweep and a very hot curry and the day I went into labour I had went for a big waddle walk into town to buy some baby towels, my waters broke with a burst in the middle of Mackays blush I thought I'd pee'd myself

Anyway a few people I know rely on the curry method so give it a go if yoyu have'nt already!

Good luck ladies, I'm sure you will have your new bundles soon

charliecat73 Mon 14-Sep-09 10:38:29

I am 40+6, and in the past week have had 4 curries, 2 mercy bonks, have been for a 2-3 mile walk every day, eaten a fresh pineapple daily and my midwife gave me a second sweep friday afternoon and said I was 3cm and 'ripe' but STILL nothing has happened. I even went out on my friends tractor across the bumpiest field they had at the weekend. Nothing. Zip. Not even the slightest cramp.

Has anyone tried trampolining?

holliejobber Mon 14-Sep-09 11:55:59

Cervix still very posterior and closed. There is no hope! Ate huge amounts of pineapple and even added hot sauce to my already hot curry, thought i might torture the baby out.

Lol at trying trampolining! Might head to my nearest play centre!

Its my DS birthday on saturday, whats the betting the baby comes then! DS would be so cross.

mummy2t Mon 14-Sep-09 11:56:20

oh i have a trampoline!!! can we do that???

usernametaken Mon 14-Sep-09 12:03:03

Trampolining...I don't think they make sports bras big enough for my pregnancy enanced mammaries! Black eyes all round grin!

mummy2t Mon 14-Sep-09 12:15:02

lol username!! jealous, thats the only thing on me that hasnt grown!!! all my tops are that stretched by the mp they dont even touch my boobs no mre, i look like a freak!! i am looking out of the window at ds's trampoine and play frame, shall i go and have a mad half hour on that, might move things !!

eightisseventoomany Mon 14-Sep-09 14:32:34

lo ...
trampolining would prob bounce your boobs into your face & knock you out !! hehehe

they only look small because of huge bump !!!

ps....you need to eat at least 7 whole fresh pineapples a day....!!!!! according to this

so wouldnt bother with that !!!

grin

Snowfalls108 Mon 14-Sep-09 14:38:21

Holliejobber - you poor thing. If this baby is still in there in 2 weeks time I'm not sure what I'll do.

So trampoline it is then!

SpawnChorus Mon 14-Sep-09 15:46:22

I'm overdue too...either by 8 days (according to scan) or 4 days (by my calculations).

Last two babies were 8 days overdue, so I suppose I should be used to it, but I'm feeling STRESSED OUT! Plus there seems to be some horrible plague going around the DCs nursery, and I'm terrified I'm going to get it in time for going into labour...or even with a newborn. Gah!

Oh, and DC2 was 10lb 9oz, and this bump is looking even bigger than his (I was anxiously scrutinising photos over the weekend). Yikes.

Plus we're being booted out of our flat in less than 2 months and I can't find anywhere to move to.

[head exploding emoticon]

SpawnChorus Mon 14-Sep-09 15:49:38

Oh Hollie - just read that you're 40+16. You poor thing! Hope you're not being hassled by MWs / docs. I know someone who went over by about 18 days (maybe more??) and her birth was absolutely fine. I think she got quite teary and unsure about things in the last few days though. Lots of pressure for an unwanted induction!

TigerFeet Mon 14-Sep-09 17:08:05

Trampolining?? Are you insane? There is no way my pelvic floor could stand it <frantically does pelvic floor exercises>

Sounds like you have a lot to deal with SpawnChorus, hope you get the house thing sorted soon.

SpawnChorus Mon 14-Sep-09 18:41:44

Thanks TF. TBH it's more the illness thing that's worrying me...is anyone else surrounded by ill kids?

Anyway, there's not nearly enough moaning going on here. Come on folks!

usernametaken Mon 14-Sep-09 20:37:52

I thought that something might be happening this afternoon, but alas, it was just indegestion!

I bounced a bit on the birthball, but that hurts the SPD. Apart from walking to the school to get DD (all of 200yards) I've done bu99er all today!

DD suggested putting chocolate buttons in my knickers as the baby might like to eat them and therefore come out to get them! Oh the joys of 4yr olds and if only it were that simple!

SpawnChorus Mon 14-Sep-09 21:05:56

LOLOL at the chocolate button tip grin

holliejobber Mon 14-Sep-09 22:53:58

Had some braxton hicks this evening. If it did nothing to my cervix then i will give up and take to my bed for the duration because it was bloody painfull.

My last pregnancy went 21 days over according to my period dates.

This time i've gone with my scan dates to give me more time, so by my period dates im actually 19 days overdue. But shhhhh don't tell the midwives!

Will defo try the chocolate button idea. Have also tried getting my toddler to shout ' come out baby' for a few days now but doesn't seem to have worked. How strange.

usernametaken Tue 15-Sep-09 12:20:40

41+0 today and still here!

I saw my neighbour (23wks pg with #1) this morning who just laughed and said 'still here then'. Er, yes! Then, in true first time mum style she says 'I really think this one will be early, maybe 38wks'...yep! So I replied, "of course, we'd all like that but you never know, you might get to 42wks".

Daytime TV is not boring this baby out, nothing is. Yesterday I felt all ok about it, but today I just feel p'd off. i'm fed up of people telling me it is going to be a huge baby... I know that, I'm scared of that, I don't need reminding. The chances of popping out a tiny 7lber went at about 37weeks!

DD's teacher even said to me "ooo, these last stages, you never quite know when your waters will break, best not go to Tescos for a while", bang goes her Christmas present!

Ho hum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now