Talk

Advanced search

Labour close or normal end of pg stuff?

(5 Posts)
herethereandeverywhere Tue 08-Sep-09 10:23:12

Okay, this may be TMI......
I'm 36+4 and a first timer. Over the last couple of days my boobs have started to leak - and some of what's coming out is a weird orange colour?!!!! Also my -ahem - vaginal discharge has become thicker and creamier. Is this a sign that baby is coming soon, or do I probably have another 4-5 weeks of this?

Also any tips for getting used to my breasts being feeding stations would be gratefully received. I'm an intelligent rational person who wants to breastfeed and yet this boob-leaking thing makes me feel physically sick (and quite tearful) when I see it sad almost like I'm frightened.

LissyGlitter Tue 08-Sep-09 10:27:24

Colostrum (babies first milk) is a weird yellowy colour- it only turns into what you would recognise as milk about three days after birth.

I have had leaks like this for a few weeks now and I am only 30 weeks, so I think it is just late pregnancy - sorry!

And breastfeeding can be a bit scary, but once you get used to it it is an ace feeling. Just think, pregnancy is probably a lot weirder!

WowOoo Tue 08-Sep-09 10:32:49

Don't think you can predict when babe will come, but a good sign that your boobs are ready for action.

I wouldn't worry or feel you need to prepare yet. make sure you have lots of comfy cushions and places to feed in your house.

Stock up on some good books, mags, DVD's etc for long, boring, sometimes stressful, tiring and tricky, but usually nice and easy feeding sessions!

Think when boobs were like bricks and ds2 was asleep most of time was worst part for me. Good luck.

herethereandeverywhere Tue 08-Sep-09 23:41:05

Thanks for your kind words, its helped lots. My lovely DH has also been so supportive and understanding and encouraging about breast feeding and I'm focusing on looking forwards to meeting the LO [brave smile]

Iforgotthelaw Wed 09-Sep-09 07:48:47

When I had my baby I was quite freaked out by the thought of milk coming out of my breasts - I had nightmares about it.
In the event having the baby here just changed my mindset from squeamish to practical (and I loved breastfeeding, it was one thing I found pretty easy). You may find you make that switch too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now