Talk

Advanced search

Due in a couple of days and have a cold :-(

(9 Posts)
SpawnChorus Mon 07-Sep-09 17:55:26

Not a bad one really, just a very snotty, stuffy nose and LOTS of sneezing.

I'm really hoping I get better before going into labour.

Just wanted to have a whinge.

sad

TigerFeet Mon 07-Sep-09 18:03:05

poor you <strokes hair>

take some paracetemol, honey & lemon and feel better soon.

LittlePeanut Mon 07-Sep-09 18:13:01

I had a terrible cold when I had DD - and I promptly passed it on to the newborn baby! Oh well, must have helped her immune system - she's hardly ever been ill since.

The worst bit was coughing with my stitches. Ow!

Hope you feel better soon x

SpawnChorus Tue 08-Sep-09 10:13:51

Oh thank you (esp for the hair stroking...purrrrrr)

Eep! at the thought of coughing with stitches sad Was your baby OK with feeding, LP? <<worry>>

TeamMamaG Tue 08-Sep-09 10:16:05

Poor you! Take to the bed with hot water, honey and lemon.

I had a cold when due with DD (firstbaby) and MIL phoned me - I told her I had a horrible cold and she said "oh yes, FIL has a cold as well" and I snapped "yes well FIL isn't due to give birth in 3 days is he!"

Luckily cold had gone before baby arrived!

SpawnChorus Tue 08-Sep-09 11:17:39

No chance of taking to bed...boohoooo!.

I'm very much having to rein in my snappiness. I am one BIG snap at the moment. Just had a phone call from MIL wondering if I'd given birth yet. Managed to have a civil conversation while mentally chanting fuckofffuckofffuckoff

TigerFeet Tue 08-Sep-09 11:25:43

Oh that's so annoying isn't it? The phonecalls I mean. I'm due on Saturday and the IL's jump out of their skin every time dh rings them. As if we'd say, oh yes, the baby was born last week, we knew we'd forgotten to tell someone...

SpawnChorus Tue 08-Sep-09 11:43:36

Grrr I know. MIL had a "heart to heart" with me <<barf>> a couple of months ago about when I went into labour with DC1. DH had phoned them to let them know we were going into hospital, and neglected hmm to give them updates through the following 20 hours (the reason being that I was terrified and in excruciating pain and wouldn't let him leave my side to go and make a phone call).

She laid on a HUGE guilt trip about how worried we'd made everyone. I (passive aggressively grin) made sympathetic noises and said that to avoid stressing them out I wouldn't tell them when labour had started, and would just phone when the baby was born. Hehehehehe.

Slightly backfired though as she's now phoning frequently to see if I'm secretly labouring.

TigerFeet Tue 08-Sep-09 12:19:58

Oh dear grin

How unreasonable of you not to ring with hourly updates hmm

IL's are hoping to get here to look after dd whilst I am labouring, but they're a couple of hours away so if it's quick we'll have to go with local friends. Probably explains why their so twitchy... I ought to be nicer really [evil late pg grump emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now