Talk

Advanced search

feel a complete failure so fed up!

(18 Posts)
loganberry12 Sat 05-Sep-09 10:54:06

ive resigned myself to the fact ill have to wait for my induction. now 41 weeks pregnant had a sweep tuesday and still no sign of baby so suppose she wont come now until im induced which is booked for next thursday. im suffering badly with spd and can bearly walk now, nothing fits anymore im huge and i have a big baby, scans weights say at least 91/2 lb. im so down and fed up feel a complete failure now this is my 5th baby and everybody just keeps saying hurry up and get on with it, like its my fault some how!! im achy and sore from the sweep had loads of mucus since but still no baby

bigcar Sat 05-Sep-09 11:57:43

logan, you have my sympathies smile I was in a very similar position 3 months ago. It really doesn't help that people think by the time you are on your 5th dc you just sail through when in fact it just gets harder! You're not a failure at all smile

Stayingsunnygirl Sat 05-Sep-09 12:03:25

Agreed. You are most definitely not a failure, loganberry. Firstly there's plenty of time for you to go into labour between now and thursday, and secondly if you do need inducing, that is not a failure in any way.

With four children already, plus spd, you are having a tough time of it, and I'm sure most people would be feeling a bit depressed and down by now. And the last few days and weeks of pregnancy do feel like an eternity, as I well remember.

So be kind to yourself, pamper yourself a bit, and remember what a great mother you are now, and what a great mum you are going to be to this new baby.

And have an unmumsnetty {{hug}} from me. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and looking for news next week.

AwayWithTheFaries Sat 05-Sep-09 12:58:33

hi logan im a week late today too and booked in for induction thursday too! but really want him out asap as ds1 starts school next wednesday so its all gonna be a pita!!!
your not a failure its these babies they can be little buggers!!

Stayingsunnygirl Mon 07-Sep-09 09:08:47

And it doesn't get any better when they are born - ds3 is 12, and we have to use a crowbar to prise him out of bed in the mornings in time for school!

Joking aside, I hope there's good news for you both this week, AwayWithTheFaries and Loganberry.

Minxie1977 Mon 07-Sep-09 09:39:07

You're not a failure - have you tried any of the old wives tales? Maybe a curry'd be nice even if it didn't bring on the baby!?!

Stayingsunnygirl Mon 07-Sep-09 09:49:05

Fresh pineapple and champagne are supposed to help bring on labour too.

So curry for supper, fresh pineapple for dessert and champagne to wash it all down!

Seeline Mon 07-Sep-09 09:49:41

Fresh pineapple - I'm sure it worked for me. DD was 41+5 when she finally arrived. My waters broke during the night after I'd eaten nearly a hole one during the day!! Good luck - you are not a failure!!

Stayingsunnygirl Mon 07-Sep-09 09:49:42

Oh - and clary sage is another one supposed to bring on labour - use the essential oil in the bath.

loganberry12 Mon 07-Sep-09 14:05:08

tried it all clary sage, whole pineapple, hot chilli, castor oil, running up and down the stairs, nipple stimulation, sex, and had a sweep still nothing!!

Stayingsunnygirl Mon 07-Sep-09 14:06:18

That sounds like a fun evening chez loganberry! winksmile

AnathemaDevice Mon 07-Sep-09 17:37:21

Don't give up hope just yet- I went into labour 12 hours before I was due to be induced. I think the fear of being induced was what finally kicked everything off. That and the fact DH and I had gone out for our last meal as just a couple. Contractions started just as we got to the restaurant, and it was so quick and painful I didn't get a chance to have dessert before I had to admit defeat and go to hospital.

Whitetara Mon 07-Sep-09 17:48:44

It's disheartening isn't it? I'm right there with you. I'm due to be induced on Sunday should nothing happen before then. I hope things get moving for you soon.

BTW I read that you'd have to eat about 7 pineapples to get enough of whatever it is you need to go into labour:

Here it is:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/planningyourbabysbirth/naturalbringonlabour /#8

Whitetara Mon 07-Sep-09 17:50:55

sorry, can't get the link to work

eightisseventoomany Mon 07-Sep-09 19:21:21

Are you "with" baby yet????
If not....I heard that the gel they use to induce women is apparently made using male sperm !!!!

So def try the sex thing more....LOTS MORE
It has to hit the back of the cervix....as this is where the hormones stimulate the contractions....hence why it hurts so much being induced....

hope your feeling better though.....
Last few days are miserable when your in pain....and suffering..

lots of hugs and fingers crossed for you xxxxx

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 07-Sep-09 19:24:38

Oh no! All mine were induced, so I see no shame.

If anyone asks, just say you had cosmetic surgery 'down there' to please DH and are honeymoon neat so need help wink. See how fast they run then!

eightisseventoomany Tue 08-Sep-09 17:53:16

should amend the male sperm bit....
actually........i hear its a wee bit worse than that !!!

hmm

I also hear that making yourself contract doesnt neccessarily mean baby....just means more sodding contractions
!!!!

apparently takes a bit more than just stimulating the uterus.....hence why so many women get sweeps / gel more than 3 times ...and still end up waiting for days....just in a bit more agony than before !!!

its so not sodding fair...

Im sooooooooooooooo fed up x by a gazillion bahillion !!!!!!!!!!

CantThinkofFunnyName Tue 08-Sep-09 18:13:26

Erm - not sure how to put politely so just going to come right out with it... oral sex and swallow. Urgh - sorry girls! Try it - see if it works, if you can bear to. With DC2, DH really wasn't into the whole sex whilst pg thing but being overdue, I was willing to try anything and had heard about the whole chemical in sperm thing, so gave the above idea a go - within 6 hours baby was out! I'd tried everything else too, apart from sex!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now