Talk

Advanced search

4 days post-birth am in pain tonight and worrying.

(5 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 04-Sep-09 23:07:39

Had dd on Monday. Have had very strong and painful after-pains so far, midwife says it all normal and lochia is normal. Tonight I had an upset tum and since then have had horrendous pains but only on my left side. It feels like after pains but comes in waves and really takes my breath away. I wonder if it's my body objecting to the diaroeah or something, I guess the whole area is sensitive at the moment. But I'm worried, keep thinking it's something more serious. Why only the left side? why is waves like contractions? should I phone the midwife?

cece Fri 04-Sep-09 23:09:53

If it is as bad as you say then yes I htink you shuld phone th emidwives. You may have an infection.

Narketta Fri 04-Sep-09 23:18:30

Congratulations on the birth of your DD.

I had the pains that you describe after the birth of my DD, it was so bad that I would double up and it took my breath.
I spoke to my MW about it and she didn't seem concerned just said that it was everything moving back into its original position.

They went on for a couple of weeks after the birth and then suddenly stopped.

PolarMummy Sat 05-Sep-09 03:05:02

Someone said to me recently that the pains could be worse if you were dehydrated, could this be the case after your upset tum. If you are still worried this morning I would phone the Dr or Midwife and tell them just to put your mind at rest.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sat 05-Sep-09 09:39:44

thank you all, the pains seemed to be related to my upset tum as both things disappeared over night. I also fed dd in bed which has really helped with the engorgement and sore nipples so I think it all helped towards making me feel a bit more human today. I should know all this with it being my 3rd baby but it's still taken me by surprise how crap I've been feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now