Talk

Advanced search

It's day 3 when you feel shite and cry a lot, right?

(25 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 03-Sep-09 21:15:22

I have got that post-natal dip and gone from ecstatic to depressed in an afternoon. Reasons for feeling shit:
1. my bum hole feels puffy and I dread every fart.
2. My lady bits feel like roadkill and I dh nearly passed out when I got him to have a look.
3. The after-pains are excruciating and I would like some gas and air please.
4. Every time I breastfeed the afterpains come on really strong and I can feel the blood oozing out.
5. I managed to bleed through a towel on the bed all the way through to the mattress last night.
6. My milk is in today and my tits feel like fucking massive boulders.
7. My two dd's are acting up even though I am trying so hard to give them time and love.
8. My mum has flu so can't come and see me.
9. I want to go to TK Maxx to buy new baby a cute outfit but every time I do something I end up getting breathless and bleeding gets worse.
10. (and surely the most important..) - I haven't got enough muslin squares - I need pink ones and I feel like behaving like a tantrumming child until I get some.

So that's my list - and the reasons why I've been sobbing all night. Fecking hormones, wouldn't dare put it in AIBU cos I know I am, and that makes it worse cos now I'm cross with myself for being upset over such trivial things. sad angry.

off to sit on the toilet again and see whether I need a poo or if it's just another scary fart.hmm

differentID Thu 03-Sep-09 21:17:17

no advice, just bumping for you.

Lizzylou Thu 03-Sep-09 21:17:53

Congratulations smile

Ouch at Tits and ladybits/bumhole.

Yep, sounds about right, poor you, but you know it will pass.

Am impressed you can even think about coloured muslin squares (didn't know they did such a thing, feel cheated i never had blue ones).

Owls Thu 03-Sep-09 21:18:40

Ahh it's horrible feeling like this isn't it. Congratulations btw!

ArizonaBarker Thu 03-Sep-09 21:18:54

That brings back such hapy memories for me, HBOB, it seems like only yesterday....

You poor lamb, you know it will get better.

Whitetara Thu 03-Sep-09 21:19:26

Congratulations first of all. I know you feel like sh*te and that's really rubbish. Just wanted to pass on some hugs and hope you feel better soon.

Acanthus Thu 03-Sep-09 21:20:18

Day 4 for me. Sounds very familiar though - poor you

IdontMN2makecopyforlazyjournos Thu 03-Sep-09 21:20:38

You aren't being unreasonable, poor thing. I thought I was coming down with flu on evening of day three and then realised it was my milk. That was a shock!

Should you get the bleeding checked out? That sounds like a lot of blood, tbh. It is possible to hemorrage (sp!) and without wishing to scare you, I am a champion bleeder and had a 3rd degree tear and my bleeding was nothing like that. Ring midwife?

Meglet Thu 03-Sep-09 21:20:42

Day 3 is indeed shite sad. Is your dh off work to give you a hand? Don't expect too much of yourself.

ActivityApple Thu 03-Sep-09 21:22:29

Message withdrawn

IdontMN2makecopyforlazyjournos Thu 03-Sep-09 21:22:56

Do you have fibrogel/lacutolose? You could probably do with some. I was too scared to poo for three days.

HumphreyCobbler Thu 03-Sep-09 21:23:03

Can you take some painkillers for the afterpains?

piprabbit Thu 03-Sep-09 21:23:38

Oooh - I had lovely pale blue muslin squares for DS2, always made me feel better when mopping up the vomit smile.

Sorry you are feeling so pants at the moment, mother nature kicking you when you are down. I would say that you'll get your perspective back soon and maybe even laugh - but you might want to kick me, so I won't.

MmeLindt Thu 03-Sep-09 21:24:31

Congratulations on the birth of your wee one. Boy or girl?

Your list is not silly or trivial. I bet you are really missing your mum and that is making everything else seem worse.

It will be a bit better tomorrow, and your mum will get over her flu and come and see you soon.

Until then, just have a good weep, let it all out.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 03-Sep-09 21:33:56

Thank you. I have checked with midwife on bleeding, tbh there isn't that much I just seem to be really crap at getting the pad/pants combo right and always seem to be leaking out of the sides blush.

Have just taken some paracetomol for the pain (although still fancy home supply of Entonox). And dh is just sweeping the floor and making me a cup of tea smile.

Don't you just love those hormonal swings? I think I'm being a bit hard on myself as had forceps with dd1, emergency section with dd2 and this time round a 'natural' birth - I expected I'd feel less crap but it's different crap. I have achey knees and stuff from being on all fours for so long and I guess I expected to feel all 'earth mama'ish and to be up and around as normal by now. I know, I'm a fool.

IdontMN2makecopyforlazyjournos Thu 03-Sep-09 21:42:45

You need old lady pants and big maternity pads from Boots.

Bramshott Thu 03-Sep-09 21:46:11

You poor thing.

I used to take paracetamol pretty much before each feed with DD2 in the first week, because I knew the afterpains would be bad . . .

notnowbernard Thu 03-Sep-09 21:55:36

Congratulations smile

But poor you, Day 3 is horrible

Don't remember it with DD1 (was a bit high probably) but do recall bursting into tears literally 2 seconds before BIL and SIL and nephew turned up to see DD2

And being paranoid that every time I got up off the sofa there'd be a red patch on the sofa (flooding hell)

EccentricaGallumbits Thu 03-Sep-09 22:01:08

oh yes. Day 3. I remember it well. Congratulations by the way,.

Can you retire to bed with new babe and be waited on by everyone else? difficult with other babes that need loving and attention i know.

also you need someone else to go and buy pink squares. ASAP. and some chocolate.

earth mamma comes in at around 6 months when you suddenly remember what to do. Don't beat yourself up till then.

nicm Thu 03-Sep-09 22:17:21

congratulations!! day 3 was awful for me too. the afterpains were awful. can you ask one of your mates to get you some muslin cloths and drop them into you? i had to get my friend to drop in babygros. hope you get some sleep too and feel better in the morning xo

ShowOfHands Thu 03-Sep-09 22:21:34

Day 3. Hmm. I tried to watch a film with dh. Restarted it 4 times because I kept sobbing. Gave up in the end and lay on the sofa crying and aching.

Normal normal normal.

Congratulations.

theDMplagiarisedLeonie Thu 03-Sep-09 22:28:55

Message withdrawn

cheerfulvicky Thu 03-Sep-09 22:36:35

You poor love, I know how you feel. Would some nice online shopping help with things like muslin squares? And maybe buy something for you too - body lotion or a yummy treat, to make yourself feel a bit pampered?

Anyway, you're not being unreasonable - tis just your body and its daft hormones whizzing about for a bit. It's allowed - you've just had a baby!

And, congratulations You'll feel MUCH more like yourself really soon. Promise.

Lizzylou Thu 03-Sep-09 22:51:50

Sweety, I remember blubbing all of a sudden when my best friend (from UNi, so she had seen me in some states, had held my hair back whilst I vommed drunkenly and adjusted my bodysuit when I needed a wee, I mention this so you know she was a close friend) knocked on the door for her (planned) visit to see DS1 on day 3. I wouldn't let her in the lounge, she heard me saying, "NO! I don't want her here, don't let her in!" , it is just hormones and you will feel loads better soon.

Have to say, am with you on the entonox, fab stuff!

eightisseventoomany Thu 03-Sep-09 22:59:06

Hugs & more hugs hangingbelly

We are all going to feel like you when we have babies out.....
this has to be the worst time anyways....with all the pains & blood & feeling mucky/messy/crappy & in pain...

Hope your eating lots of comfort food & comfort drink !!! and having painkillers for the godawful afterpains...
(which are truly a blooming nightmare.....and Im dreading those myself!!)

Get yourself on ebay for some pink muslins.....i got 12 lovely pink ones for just £3 !!!!!!

In fact......go a bit wild on the pink stuff from ebay....soooo much cheaper without the hassle of leaking/bleeding in public !!!

You will feel better in a few days.....you'll feel on top of the world when the bleeding stops ....not too long xxx

But sending out more love to you whilst your feeling down....hope your feeling happy soon xxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now