Talk

Advanced search

can you answer a couple of post c-section questions please?

(14 Posts)
olivo Thu 03-Sep-09 19:46:29

had a planned section 2 weeks ago. can i ask:
-should i still be bleeding red blood at this stage?
-should my abdomen still feel tender and bruised?
- how long till i dont look 26 wks pg?!

i have been discharged by the hospital, my wound was checked at 12 days post natal and was deemed to be neat and healing well. i havent taken pain killers since about a week after but amd still sore to the touch.

i feel i should know as i had a cs last time but it was very different circumstances!

ilovesprouts Thu 03-Sep-09 19:48:59

my cs took a month to stop feeling tender etc !!!!!!

Iggi999 Thu 03-Sep-09 19:54:25

I bled for 6 weeks post CS. But get yourself back to the HV to put your mind at rest!

ShowOfHands Thu 03-Sep-09 19:57:56

I bled for 6 weeks, bright red for about 3.

Didn't have tenderness or pain though, very lucky.

You stop looking 26 weeks pg after about 2.5 years. Nah, give it till 6 weeks and you should see a dramatic improvement. Once you move around more it'll slowly go down. Try not to worry too much about it. It will go.

Bright red bleeding can be a sign that you need to slow down but it's not abnormal to still be bleeding like that ime.

Congratulations.

LadyHooHa Thu 03-Sep-09 20:01:44

I had a planned section, too. My experiences are:

-should i still be bleeding red blood at this stage? I was, and for at least two weeks after that, possibly four.

-should my abdomen still feel tender and bruised? Mine did - and for ages afterwards.

- how long till i dont look 26 wks pg?!
I'd go for at least six weeks, and expect to look a bit odd for quite a lot longers!!

Good luck...

olivo Thu 03-Sep-09 20:01:48

thank you, i feel a bit more reassured but will mention to the hv if /when i see her. things have been a bit hectic with my 3yo to run around after. the first cs followed quite a bit of labour so i wasnt sure if things would be different regarding bleeding and a straight forward section. i just dont remember my tum being so large afterwards last time, even though i put on stacks of weight last time and this time hardly any due to GD.

gemitygem Thu 03-Sep-09 20:02:23

I was still bleeding at my 6 week check, told this was normal. Tummy took about 4 months ish to go down. Now nearly 9 months on have lost loads of weight and tummy looking mighty fine!!!

Bruising took prob another couple of weeks from now.

Congratualtions, hope you are getting some sleep!!!!

SadCatlady Thu 03-Sep-09 20:02:25

My experience is that I:
Bled for 2.5 weeks
Felt very bruised and tender for probably 4+ weeks
Took around (honestly) 4 months not to look significantly pg. However, good news is that after around 5-6 months tummy was pretty much back to normal (fairly flat) and I haven't done so much as a single sit-up nor am I a walker or a gym bunny or otherwise blessed with a naturally toned body. So don't worry. All sounds normal to me! but check with MW or docs if you are worried.

Meglet Thu 03-Sep-09 20:07:28

I still bled at that stage following my em cs and el cs. Took until 6 weeks to stop.

My stomach was stil tender and bruised at 2 weeks. I think it felt back to normal at 8 weeks. I was fine at the gym by 12 weeks.

Puffy stomach for weeks, I think I stuck to my maternity combats and leggings for a couple of months as they were comfier.

You are only 2 weeks post op, it sounds normal smile.

onehitwonder Thu 03-Sep-09 20:27:21

I would say that it took at least 6 weeks to stop feeling tender and I was taking painkillers for at least a month. I am now 12 weeks post section and it feels loads better, just a few small numb areas on my tummy but nothing that bothers me.
I was still bleeding red occaisionally - it tended to be when I had over exerted myself a bit, which my midwife said was normal.

olivo Thu 03-Sep-09 20:41:18

thank you, sounds like i'm just being impatient then blush. i had just got over most of the numbness after 2 years when i became pg again!

belleymum Thu 03-Sep-09 20:45:24

I bled for between 7 and 9 weeks with both of my planned CS.
Worried me at the time but also found it was linked to how much running around I had to do.

I was tender for at least 2-3 months but I also had a non-walker too so lots of picking up.

Back to normal-ish stomach after about 3 months,then pregnant again

mustrunmore Thu 03-Sep-09 20:48:23

Bled for about a month as far as I reemeber, both times.
Sore for a month first time, but managed to walk up a hill after a week. Sore about 3 weeks second time.
Still look pg now, 3.5 yrs after the second one sad altho to be fair I was acceptable in my eyes after about 4 months the first time.

SatHereSitting Thu 03-Sep-09 20:51:45

Hi olivo, I had a cs 18 weeks ago.
I was still bleeding 8 weeks after my cs but it was very light. Probably first 3 weeks were red, was told this was fine.

My tummy was really sore for about 9 weeks but I got 3 infections which were agony but once they had gone it took about a week to stop being tender. It is still numb now though and hurts like nettle sting if something is pressing on the over hang bit.

The pregnant look got better week by week, and I would say by week 8 I didn't look pregnant anymore. However I still have a horrible over hang where the scar is which adds inches, but sister says that can take about a year to go away but I guess it depends on how your figure was before pregnacy. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now