Talk

Advanced search

what should i do go to delivery suite or not?

(7 Posts)
loganberry12 Thu 03-Sep-09 13:49:44

im 40+ 5 weeks pregnant with my 5th baby had a sweep tuesday had period pains and backache since lost quite a lot of show continuously since but nothing else. phone the delivery suite for advice this morning and she said as they were really busy to phone back this afternoon and maybe go up to see whats happening. I dont know if to go or not as im not having any regular contractions just this period and back pain and show, so if im going to get there and all they do is stick me on a monitor for a couple of hours and send me home again theres no point. on the other hand if they were to do an internal or another sweep it might get things going so im not sure what to do, whats everyone think?

slushy06 Thu 03-Sep-09 16:11:46

it depends on what means more to you having the baby out or a no interference birth. I had period pain for 2 days on dd2 before they turned in to cc. Good luck whatever you decide.

Deeeja Thu 03-Sep-09 21:35:43

HI, I am 37 weeks with my 5th. I have been losing plug all week, and have odd bouts of period pain. Today the period pains seem to have developed a pattern, and TMI ALERT a large blob of plug dropped out into the loo. My last baby, I had loss of mucous plug for around 3 or 4 weeks before I went into proper labour. I have never lost such a large lump of plug all in one go.
One thing to remember I think is that every labour is different even for the same woman. If the pains become unbearable, or very quickly build up then go in for a check up if it makes you feel better. I don't know what is going on with me, but I will be staying put, incase I get too much intervention as I want to avoid a c-s.
You are past your dd, so the period pains etc are probably more meaningful in your case. Try to stay home as long as possible, but don't overdo it. If you go in and you are not in active labour, just go back home. You can always go in again. Or stay if you want.
Sorry about all the waffle.
Good luck!

PrammyMammy Thu 03-Sep-09 21:58:16

I think you should go in just to be sure.
When i was having ds (my first) I was fine all day and then got a really, really sore back and was so hot. I called the triage at 6 who said it wasn't labour and i should call back in an hour if i still had pains. I did and they asked me to come in (hosp is 30 mins away) When i got there they checked me over and said i just had a sore back and was to go home, so at around 9pm i left to go home and my waters broke in the anti-natal care room, and ds was born less than 2 hours later. I never felt any contractions until i had to push. They put me on a machine where i had to push a button when i thought i was having a contraction, it was making a graph and i was just pushing the button because my back was sore all the time lol.

Deeeja Thu 03-Sep-09 22:04:13

Wow, Prammymammy, that was fast! shock
How are you Loganberry?
Maybe you have already had your dc.smile

loganberry12 Fri 04-Sep-09 21:35:48

still nothing happened worth reporting uncomfortable and achy that about it!

fidelma Fri 04-Sep-09 22:28:51

I would get a good nights sleep if you can it's not far away.Good luck and keep us posted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now