Talk

Advanced search

sweep yesterday, lots of pain til 5 this morning and now being sick

(20 Posts)
memoo Thu 03-Sep-09 09:28:48

Is this normal after a sweep or could things be starting? The pains were every 3 or 4 minutes and kept me awake until 5ish when they just stopped. I am still getting some mild achy feelings though.

Just a bit confused by the nausea and vomitting now!

beautifulgirls Thu 03-Sep-09 09:48:21

Sounds promising...keep active in the day and see if you can get things started, but maybe take a sleep if nothing happens that soon, just to get a break before the fun starts. With DD#2 the first I knew of being in labour was to wake up and be sick.

cheerfulvicky Thu 03-Sep-09 09:58:15

I haven't much experience of this, but I have heard it mentioned that a woman will often get sick at the start of labour, its the body's way of clearing out everything to make it easier for you to labour. Same goes with the, err, other end. If you are at all worried though, call your MW.
Good luck!

thesecondcoming Thu 03-Sep-09 09:58:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummy2t Thu 03-Sep-09 10:19:20

i was sick at start of labour with my first so could be the start of things, keep active to get things going more regular, good luck xxx

memoo Thu 03-Sep-09 10:28:44

I phone midwife and she said to go up to labour ward to get checked out. V nervous now.

I've had a bit of a show too

DH on his way home

mummy2t Thu 03-Sep-09 11:01:55

how exciting!!!! good luck keep us posted !! xxxx

Whitetara Thu 03-Sep-09 14:59:46

Sounds really promising. Will be watching your thread! Good luck.

memoo Fri 04-Sep-09 11:44:19

well, spent hours in labour ward with strong but very irregular contractions. But nothing happening and they tailed off so was sent home again sad

Midwife said that having a sweep can do this, give you lots of pain but not real labour

I am being induced on the 11th if nothing happens before hand so only a week left at the most.

loganberry12 Fri 04-Sep-09 12:13:59

im in exactly the same boat as you memoo had sweep tuesday been having irregular contractions since and still wiping away bloody show each time i go to the loo (sorry not nice i know) but nothing else has happened. phoned the midwife yesterday and she said the same as yours go up to the hospital so glad i didnt now cos after an uncomfortable night of backache and irregular contractions im still here waiting with nothing happening !! oh well going out for lunch soon with my daughter so i expect ill just sit down to eat and start getting contractions just my luck lol.

memoo Fri 04-Sep-09 18:09:44

hi loganberry, I've been having that bloody show when wiping.

I've had no contractions at all today so looks like everything has stopped.

Hope you had a nice lunch, actually scrap that, hope you did sit down and then find yourself in labour and you're now in greeting your new baby!

loganberry12 Fri 04-Sep-09 21:37:40

had lunch quite uncomfortable still but nothing worth reporting feel really bruised and sore underneath and keep having to go to wee hope i get some sleep tonight last night was terrible!anything happening with you memoo?

memoo Fri 04-Sep-09 23:54:08

nah nothing happening here either. Went to bed at 10 but got back up because can't sleep due to very wriggly baby and needing the loo every 10 minutes.

Lets hope having to wee lots is a sign of impending labour!

cathcat Sun 06-Sep-09 10:42:51

any updates memoo and loganberry?

loganberry12 Sun 06-Sep-09 12:54:50

nothing happening the odd twinge still having a show all the time for the last 5 days so dont know what that means? thinking of going to asdas in a minute having a few sharp pains but thats all,

loganberry12 Sun 06-Sep-09 12:56:49

its my birthday tomorrow so would be nice if she came then lol

memoo Sun 06-Sep-09 16:16:57

hello, nothing happening here. Quite glad today really as Dh is man nesting and has decided to paint the hall which in my very hormonal state has caused me great stress!

How nice a birthday present would that be logan!

cathcat Mon 07-Sep-09 00:19:03

Happy birthday Loganberry! Hope you have an eventful day grin and baby is here soon. You too, Memoo smile

loganberry12 Mon 07-Sep-09 14:07:28

thankyou cathcat nothing else happening had some contractions in the night came to nothing have a really bad back today and losing more blood streaked show thats about it really.

loganberry12 Thu 10-Sep-09 19:10:14

just to let everyone know our baby daughter was born 3.15am 9/9/09 weighing in at a whooping 9lb 13oz. went into labour naturally in the end was due to be induced today but she had other ideas. She is gorgeous and only took 50 minutes in all to be born. Any news from memoo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now