Talk

Advanced search

Did you have a sweep and did it work?

(10 Posts)
memoo Wed 02-Sep-09 17:46:13

I've just had a sweep today and it blooming hurt. I'm now get a lot of back ache and pains but not real contractions.

Did anyone have a sweep that worked and if so how long did it take things to get going?

I'm being induced on 11th if she is not here by then so need to get this started

Biglips Wed 02-Sep-09 17:53:29

how overdue are u? as i had one at 39 weeks with my second, only cos i had an emergency section with my first and consultant didnt really want me to be really overdue with my 2nd due to the scar but i was in pre-labour for 2 weeks before i had my induction... was sooo achy. make sure you take 2 paracetomols when needed every 4 hours. good luck!

loganberry12 Wed 02-Sep-09 18:00:35

Hi memoo i had a sweep yesterday am 40+4 weeks pregnant also booked for a induction if nothing happens on the 10th so know how your feeling. Had aching back since and period pains all night mild contractions which came to nothing. Had a show today quite alot of mucusy bloody stuff and feel like ive been kicked down there by a donkey but thats all nothing really happening. was really hoping things would get started. Midwife said if its going to work it usually does within 48 hrs so iv still got till tomorrow mid day so im keeping my fingers crossed. Just so uncomfortable and achy hope it works. How you feeling? any signs of things happening?

izzybiz Wed 02-Sep-09 18:04:19

I had a sweep on my due date, I had it in the morning, did lots of walking and birthing ball bouncing all day, I had some cramping but not much else!

That evening, Dh and Ds had gone to get pizza and my water broke all over the sofa!!

Ds2 followed 3 1/2 hours later!

herbietea Wed 02-Sep-09 18:07:12

Message withdrawn

Milliways Wed 02-Sep-09 18:15:02

I had a show after a sweep, then went to hospital next day with contractions, then sent home as they stopped!

For next week I had the odd contraction.

The day before my Induction DS arrived (9lb 6oz) in less than an hour and only one push required grin

pasturesnew Wed 02-Sep-09 18:16:27

yes and yes, it worked the next day.

memoo Wed 02-Sep-09 18:42:13

I'm not overdue, only 37 weeks but i'm being induced at 28 weeks due to gestational diabetes.

When I was examined today I was 2cm dilated and have been getting the odd contraction so she gave me a sweep to see if things would get going a bit.

Loganberry really hope things get moving for you. I'm feeling very crampy and achy, have had the odd little contraction but nothing more. feeling an awful lot of presure down below too.

memoo Wed 02-Sep-09 18:42:52

oh and baby is 4/5 engaged, do you think that will help too?

LilianGish Wed 02-Sep-09 18:46:11

I had a sweep in the morning and went into labour at 1am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now