Talk

Advanced search

Waxing, Sugaring, or let them shave you for a caesarean? (TMI alert)

(12 Posts)
Kyte Tue 01-Sep-09 08:52:20

Ok, I"m a bit hairy (thick coarse hairy) and I'll be having a cs in a couple of months. I'm thinking of waxing or sugaring (advice on which is better?) bits that I won't be able to reach afterwards plus my bikini in some way. I know from experience that shaved bikini hair tht grows back is incredibly itchy, so I need your advice ladies:

Should I:

1. Get everything waxed/sugared (legs, underarms, brazilian)

2. Get legs ,underarms and a landing strip done with waxing/sugaring

3. Just get legs, underarms and the bikini line done (but quite a big area still)

4. Let them shave me.

5. Other.....

strawberrypies Tue 01-Sep-09 12:19:08

hi! In similar position...going in for 3rd cs in 2 weeks.. First time it didn't cross my mind and they didn't seem to do anything except perhaps shave the top off,just below the scar....2nd time they gave me a dreadful hospital razor and I had to go off to the bathroom just prior to the surgery and get poor DH to do a DIY job....so wouldn't recommend option 4 (!) This time am debating whether to get brazilian/bikini wax....had a trim a couple of months ago and was always going to go for the full thing just prior to delivery... However..am remembering the itch and the possibility of getting a skin infection...that would be bad timing!

You, sensibly are thinking ahead a bit more so you've got time to try it out...The main thing is definitely comfort for you in the end though..It is not going to be pretty down there for quite some time whatever delivery you have..(!)I am going to go for the soft option and have a little trim this week.. Good luck with it!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 01-Sep-09 12:22:17

My section was completely unexpected (not due and an emergency) and therefore I was shaved but just along the top.

I am tempted to say do nothing. Waxing it all off is the only way you will get off the bit that needs to be out of the way- the bikini line won't do iyswim.

------
\ /
\ /
\ /

The ---- bit is the bit that needs to come off.

HTH hmm at me

grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 01-Sep-09 12:23:19

And ^ wasn't what a posted but I am sure you get the picture grin

MiniLlace Tue 01-Sep-09 12:25:54

I have been getting brazillians all the way through pregnancy and will get one a few weeks before due date ... i find that i dont get any reactions to them whereas i always get a rash with a razor - be warned though - if you dont normally get waxed it does hurt a little more than normal ...

Kyte Tue 01-Sep-09 14:21:37

Sounds like a brazilian is the way to go then.

I used to get it done but haven't had it done for ages. Still trying to decide whether to go for sugaring or waxing, as well. Possibly waxing for legs etc and sugaring for the brazilian?

TheHappyCamper Tue 01-Sep-09 15:34:21

Does your DH have hair clippers?

I did an 'all over' very close trim with clippers before my induction. I ended up with emcs and they didn't need to shave anything. The incision is also extremely low (mw's commented on it lots!). I find you don't get stubbly with clippers the same as with a razor.

Your dh could do it if you can't reach!

Kyte Tue 01-Sep-09 15:53:45

Ooh, I don't think I'd trust my dh.....

mummytowillow Wed 02-Sep-09 21:25:17

I just got the lady shave to mine!! They didn't seem that bothered about it being completely 'bald'!

My husband need fainted on the spot though, I didn't know I was having a C section until the night of my induction, in the morning the midwife said are you all tidy downstairs, so not thinking I just pulled up my nightie, pulled down my knickers and showed her my fango, she was so shocked!! blush But I was so scared I didn't bat an eyelid!!

TheHappyCamper Thu 03-Sep-09 08:45:01

mummytowillow you have made me splurt tea all over my keyboard lol! grin

kyte - no I don't think I'd trust mine either! I could fortunately still reach down there even at 12 days overdue <phew>

Hope you are 'all sorted out' xx

thehairybabysmum Thu 03-Sep-09 09:05:03

I have had 2 em c/s. Throughout both pg's i have had my bikini line waxed as usual. Then on the day they just shaved the top bit off. As per happy camper i keep mine trimmed short alos though i use that ladies razor that has a trimmer on the other end.

Dont remeber it being particularly itchy on regrowth. I would go for your usual level of waxing whatever then let them do the bit they need for the cut.

l39 Thu 03-Sep-09 11:07:43

This thread has made me wonder. When an emergency c-section is under general anaesthetic do they put you out first and then shave you? It seems a bit ridiculous to waste the time of an anaesthetist and everyone else in the theatre for that but honestly no one shaved me while I was conscious. They pushed me down the hall to the theatre then said 'We're going to push on your throat now' and that was it. (I didn't sign a consent form either though of course I consented verbally.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now