Talk

Advanced search

Desperately seeking... midwife who does hypnobirthing courses in west london...

(5 Posts)
cluny Thu 27-Aug-09 18:00:43

I would like to do a hypnobirthing course but with a midwife trained practitioner rather than hynotherapist. I've been recommended one the other side of London (2 tubes and a train away) but wonder if anyone knows of one in west London? They seem to be rare. Any help gratefully appreciated x

childrenchildreneverywhere Fri 28-Aug-09 15:25:10

Why do you want to do a course with a midwife? she will not necessarily bring anything more to the course than a hypnotherapist (who may bring more to it than her as they are far more knowledgeable on the hypnosis/relaxation side of things)- being a midwife does not necessarily make you an experienced/successful HypnoBirthing teacher (the same can be true of any former profession).

The most important thing when choosing a HypnoBirthing practitioner is that you get on well with them and have a good rapport - be they a midwife, hypnotherapist or just a mum with no former knowledge whatsoever (some of the most successful practitioners I know fall into this latter category!), someone you trust, believe in and feel comfortable with. THAT is what will bring the best outcomes!

I can recommend Sarah Johnson who is a doula and hypnotherapist as well as a HypnoBirthing teacher, she is very experienced:

www.sarahjohnson.co.uk

[

Montifer Fri 28-Aug-09 21:04:52

I did Natal Hypnotherapy and would recommend it. Self hypnosis (CDs) throughout pregnancy and a weekend course with midwife a month before the birth.
Enjoyed a wonderful pregnancy and a very straightforward birth.

The website has a list of practitioner profiles.

cluny Mon 31-Aug-09 19:07:33

Thanks so much both of you. Really helpful. Would you do NCT as well? Rachel

doulasarah Mon 14-Sep-09 15:35:24

smileThank you very much for the endorsement, childrenchildreneverywhere!!!
My new website is www.birthhypnosis.net but emails to sarah@sarahjohnson.co.uk still get to me.
Sarah Johnson

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now