Talk

Advanced search

gd and induction

(6 Posts)
franfoxy2003 Mon 24-Aug-09 22:45:30

hey all im 37+4 and due to be induced in 15 days will be 39+5...wondering what will the induction involve? was induced with dc1 but my waters had already gone and the pessary didnt work so was given the drip...will they rupture my membranes first of pessary or what???

also how long did fellow gd sufferers have to stay in hospital? i wanted hb this time but thats out the window this time because of the gd....im sh*tting it tbh. i know i was induced last time but dunno what it will involve this time as my waters will probaby still be intact!!!

plantsitter Mon 24-Aug-09 22:49:34

I had gd and was induced (1st baby). As far as I can tell the induction process is pretty much the same - pessary, then they broke my waters, then drip. Having my waters broken was no more undignified than anything else childbirth related and didn't hurt at all.

I had to keep reminding them about the gd after the birth to get them to check DD's bloods - they wouldn't've kept me in any longer as a result.

plantsitter Mon 24-Aug-09 22:50:18

And good luck!

franfoxy2003 Mon 24-Aug-09 23:16:30

how long did they want you to stay in??

bigcar Tue 25-Aug-09 13:10:13

Not sure this is too much help as I had an em cs and was in for 4 days. But, ds2 had his blood sugar checked and was watched reasonably closely for the first 12 hours, after that when all his readings were normal and they felt he was feeding well they fairly much left him alone. Hth

plantsitter Tue 25-Aug-09 20:08:16

Well, I had to stay in for 3 days. But that's because the hospital I was in was so under staffed they didn't have anyone to do my exit checks! But once he had had normal readings for the first few hours, they said they didn't need to do any more blood sugar checks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now