Talk

Advanced search

HAVE MY STITCHES SPLIT

(4 Posts)
valz Mon 24-Aug-09 18:09:47

Hi ladies, i had an episiotomy on 3rd of august for a forcep and vacuum delivery. my stitches seem to be healing well as i was sore for the first week or two but seem to have recovered well last week. im not sure how many stitches i had and tried having a look but couldnt see any, i got the hubby to have a look too and he couldnt see them either which he couldnt understand cuz he saw the cut and stitching taking place.

yesterday though i noticed bright red blood on the tissue after i peed, today i noticed it heavier so i had a look and there seems to be quite a bit, im wondering has my stiches split? im not really that sore and i know its not my loss cuz it already went to the yellowy-white stage a few days ago. the blood isnt really heavy but it is staining pads. anyone else had this or know what it might be?

mears Mon 24-Aug-09 18:13:42

Sometimes you get episodes of fresh red staining, eeven when your discharge has changed to yeoow-white. Do you have any haemorrhoids at all? Blood can come from there.
You can't see your stitches because they are put in just under the skin - called subcuticular. It is like invisible mending.
If it isn't painful it is unlikley to be something that is a problem, but if it persists, pop down to see your GP.

Phoenix Mon 24-Aug-09 18:19:36

I've had 2 c sections, so not quite the same, but i have been bleeding on and off for the last 6wks since this section and was the same last time so it could be your loss.

porcupine11 Mon 24-Aug-09 18:23:37

Hello, I kept thinking this as mine were so painful for so long - then I asked my midwife to have a look and she said the stitches dissolve in 1-2 weeks or less anyway. So try not to worry, and as long as the blood doesn't smell odd it should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now