Talk

Advanced search

Who do you report disgusting conditions with hospital too??

(6 Posts)
pandagirl03 Mon 24-Aug-09 11:42:58

Now things have calmed down a bit and my ds is 8 weeks old i feel now is the time to put in my complaint. But who do i complain too.

I went into my local maternity hospital with contractions as i was having a vbac i needed to be looked at, it was a false alarm thank god because the condition of my room was disgusting.

The bed altho it had all clean bedding on it was covered in blood, it wasn't a little bit of blood it was all over the sides of the bed. It was disgusting. I do have photos to back this up. So who do i complain too any ideas?? thanks.

themoon66 Mon 24-Aug-09 11:46:15

They should have a complaints manager. Or address your complaint to the Clinical Director with a copy to the complaints manager.

McDreamy Mon 24-Aug-09 11:49:56

I would send a copy to the Senior Infection Control Nurse too!

StayFrostysOtherSister Mon 24-Aug-09 12:00:30

shock

Your HV or doctor should have details of how to contact your local Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) which is first port of call for complaints.

shock and angry; what you describe is downright dangerous.

pandagirl03 Mon 24-Aug-09 12:22:24

Thanks i will look into it. It was utterly disgusting.

JRocks Mon 24-Aug-09 13:59:35

Agree use the PALS service, they should be able to help you quite a bit. What you've described is totally inappropriate, unnecessary and disgusting. I've worked in the support services in a hospital, including cleaning on delivery suites and this sort of thing is really very simple to get right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now