Talk

Advanced search

will i get a sweep if the plug has already gone?

(8 Posts)
tigerbump Sat 22-Aug-09 08:10:19

i am 41 weeks tomorrow i lost my plug 4 days ago, will a sweep still be on the cards as i have a midwife a[pppointment monday morning for scan and checks as overdue

thx xxx

Fluffypoms Sat 22-Aug-09 10:37:15

aslong as waters still intact i would say yes!

a sweep would usually pull the plug away anyhow.

good luck smile

pippa251 Sat 22-Aug-09 16:23:51

i was given one a week after mine went then went nto labour that night so good luck

terramum Sat 22-Aug-09 16:27:49

Sorry to point out the obvious...but you're not overdue yet! Term is 37-42 weeks wink. The fact that the plug has come away on it's own is a good sign imo that things are moving along nicely without any intervention required. I'm sure your baby will decide it's time to meet you very soon. Hope the appt on Monday goes well for you smile

mafog Sat 22-Aug-09 17:06:27

I was 40+5 when I lost my plug and also had a MW appt that day. They still offered and did me a sweep and discovered I was also 4cm gone too. Think it does depend on the MW but imagine they would be quite likely to do it if you are 41 weeks, rather than waiting until 42 weeks if you wanted one.

Fluffypoms Sat 22-Aug-09 20:55:20

Terramum,
i was 40 weeks to the day and got a sweep.
Mw done this as i was overdue with other 3 dcs.

dont usually leave it to the 42 week mark.
smile

roxy12 Sun 23-Aug-09 20:15:30

YES YES YES they will give you a sweep.

I had a sweep at 40+2 and went into labour that night....i had it at 9.30am and went into labour at 7.30pm.

if you want your baby now then have a sweep!

you may have to have a sweep twice it depends on how many centimetres dilated you are.

My midwife said to me take this as your second sweep as i was already 3 and a half centimetres dilated and my cervix was soft and stretchy.

good luck

terramum Mon 24-Aug-09 21:20:26

How did your appt go today tigerbump?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now